The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > General / Off-Topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jun 14, 2020, 04:32pm
Administrator

NFHS Central Hub on Arbiter is no more!

This past Friday morning Camron Rust alerted me to the fact that the NFHS Central Hub can no longer be accessed through Arbiter. It came as a shock to me because I had been accessing for the two day previous and had intended to access Friday afternoon. NFHS is going to partner with DraganFly (DragonFlyMAX.com).

Tomorrow starts the 2020-21 registration period for OhioHSAA Officials and hopefully the OhioHSAA will make a press release soon. I have already emailed the OhioHSAA Administrator in charge of Officials and hope to hear back from him within the next couple of days.

There are currently eight StateHSAAs listed on the DragonFly website. I am good friends with the State Basketball Rules Interpreters (They are long time friends of mine.) of two of the StateHSAAs listed on the website and have emailed them.

If there are any officials who have information regarding their StateHSAA and DragonFly I hope that you will pass on that knowledge on this subject to the rest of the group.

I am going to start a central thread on the General Information Board and ask that all further comments be placed there.

Thank you,

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Sun Jun 14, 2020, 09:01pm
Chain of Fools

(I posted my original reply to your thread on the FB board.)

We were alerted in NC to the switch to DragonFly Max quite a while back. We received our instructions last Monday and NCHSAA registration for 2020-21 began on Tuesday. Apparently our registration, the NFHS exam, and schedules will come via this platform. I also understand there will be a similar feature as RefPay/ArbiterPay.

What I have not had answered yet is will DFMax offer access to the NFHS publications as The Arbiter did. I was an independent, paid NFHS member so I'm a bit upset that my access that I paid for via my own membership was terminated.

My understanding from a former colleague who is now an administrator in another state advised that of the platforms available to state athletic associations, The Arbiter was the most costly.