The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   General / Off-Topic (https://forum.officiating.com/general-off-topic/)
-   -   what movie is this quote from!!!!!!!! (https://forum.officiating.com/general-off-topic/10319-what-movie-quote.html)

redsox539 Mon Oct 06, 2003 01:23pm

I need help, can`t remember what movie this is from..
The quote is, "get behind me satan"
There are guys in prison, one guy keep a bible in his hand and is always holding the bible in front of him saying, "get behind me satan"
I think the actor is joe panoliano and I know for the sure the movie is a comedy.
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jurassic Referee Mon Oct 06, 2003 01:37pm

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back?

ChuckElias Tue Oct 07, 2003 08:23am

I've only seen it once, so I really don't know if it's in there, but it sounds like something from "Dogma".

Barry C. Morris Thu Oct 16, 2003 02:48pm

Are you sure you're not confused and you didn't just read this statement somewhere? ;)

Luke 4:8
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

johnSandlin Tue Oct 21, 2003 02:21pm

I totally agree 200% wise with Barry C. Morris. I do not believe that line was in anything else, but the Holy Bible.

ravenbi Tue Oct 28, 2003 09:54pm

what's the meaning of the quote?

mick Wed Oct 29, 2003 08:38am

Quote:

Originally posted by ravenbi
what's the meaning of the quote?

ravenbi,
Welcome to the forum.
If you press the quote icon, a previous post will be shown, along with your meassage. The your response will be shown in direct relation to a given subject. (<I>As I did here.</I> :) )
mick

ravenbi Wed Oct 29, 2003 08:10pm

mick,
Thanks a lot.
I am from china and my english is very poor, but I am desirous of being a good member here. As the moderaor, Would you like to help me?
My chinese name is Bi Ran. Bi is my family name, and Ran is my given name. In china, the family name is written befor the given name. Raven Bi is my english name, Can you give me some advise??
Raven

mick Wed Oct 29, 2003 08:26pm

Quote:

mick,
Thanks a lot.
I am from china and my english is very poor, but I am desirous of being a good member here. As the moderaor, Would you like to help me?
My chinese name is Bi Ran. Bi is my family name, and Ran is my given name. In china, the family name is written befor the given name. Raven Bi is my english name, Can you give me some advise??
Raven

In which sports are you interested, Ran?

I will guess that your English is much better than my Chinese.

mick

ravenbi Thu Oct 30, 2003 02:56am

mick,
I am interested in soccer. I am a forward, sometimes I can also be a goalkeeper. Bierhoff is my idol.:)
Can you speak in chinese? I can give you some example.
hello--------------ÄãºÃ(ni hao)
byebye-------------ÔÙ¼û(zai jian)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Ò» ¶þ Èý ËÄ Îå Áù Æß °Ë ¾Å
yi er san si wu liu qi ba jiu

:) Just a joke.

raven

mick Thu Oct 30, 2003 07:18am

Quote:

mick,
I am interested in soccer. I am a forward, sometimes I can also be a goalkeeper. Bierhoff is my idol.:)
Can you speak in chinese? I can give you some example.
hello--------------ÄãºÃ(ni hao)
byebye-------------ÔÙ¼û(zai jian)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Ò» ¶þ Èý ËÄ Îå Áù Æß °Ë ¾Å
yi er san si wu liu qi ba jiu

:) Just a joke.

raven

raven,
Thanks for my first Chinese lesson.
I see that you have found the soccer board so that you may ask questions of the sports officials there.
mick

just another ref Sun Nov 02, 2003 08:05pm

Quote:

Originally posted by redsox539
I need help, can`t remember what movie this is from..
The quote is, "get behind me satan"
There are guys in prison, one guy keep a bible in his hand and is always holding the bible in front of him saying, "get behind me satan"
I think the actor is joe panoliano and I know for the sure the movie is a comedy.
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not a movie It was Aunt Esther on Sanford & Son

nine01c Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:09am

Mick:

Have you been practicing your Chinese in front of a mirror?

Bombinjohn Thu May 26, 2016 10:24pm

None of you have ever seen this in a movie???

It is from the 1987 movie Born in East L.A.!! It is when he is in jail and the guy comes around with the books and he holds a book up(prob the bible) and says "Get behind me Saran!" The actors name is Tony Plana and the characters name is Feo.....I thought everyone knew this!!!

Welpe Fri May 27, 2016 04:14am

Well we can put that 13 year old mystery to bed.