Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Dec 06, 2014, 01:41pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCalScoreKeeper View Post
Best of the Best should get the call at this time of the year.
Yes, that sounds wonderful but that is very subjective. There are officials all the time that feel the best of the best do not work no matter who is assigned.

Peace
Old Sun Dec 07, 2014, 09:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
What should matter and what does matter are two different things. It was brought up wasn't it?
. But the optics can matter and if you have more diversity, you can avoid this even being mentioned.
Very doubtful, because much like "beauty", conclusions are based SOLELY on what some people looking WANT TO SEE, and some people have an agenda that supersedes EVERYTHING ELSE (what they actually see, what they actually know, what actual facts tell them, common sense and logic).

Unfortunately, we have become a society where different interest groups insist on pouring all the oil they can muster on the squeakiest of all wheels, regardless of even the most obvious damage excess oil causes. No matter how much "oil" is provided, it will never satisfy the needs of those who live to squeak., or fix what actually may need attention.

Last edited by ajmc; Sun Dec 07, 2014 at 09:39am.
Old Sun Dec 07, 2014, 08:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
Very doubtful, because much like "beauty", conclusions are based SOLELY on what some people looking WANT TO SEE, and some people have an agenda that supersedes EVERYTHING ELSE (what they actually see, what they actually know, what actual facts tell them, common sense and logic).

Unfortunately, we have become a society where different interest groups insist on pouring all the oil they can muster on the squeakiest of all wheels, regardless of even the most obvious damage excess oil causes. No matter how much "oil" is provided, it will never satisfy the needs of those who live to squeak., or fix what actually may need attention.
Yes, blame the gadfly instead of the boil.
Old Sun Dec 07, 2014, 11:50pm
Archaic Power Monger

Enough.