The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Football (https://forum.officiating.com/football/)
-   -   Where did my thread go (https://forum.officiating.com/football/98478-where-did-my-thread-go.html)

JasonLJ Mon Oct 06, 2014 07:33am

Where did my thread go

I started a thread yesterday and it's gone. Why?

Rich Mon Oct 06, 2014 08:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonLJ (Post 941102)
I started a thread yesterday and it's gone. Why?

Because it was ridiculous.

APG was kind and merely closed it. I decided it had no value and deleted it.

This site is not to publicly blast officials. If a post has no educational value or discussion it's not going to survive.

And it's the first real moderation done on the site in months. Congrats.

HLin NC Mon Oct 06, 2014 08:18am

I saw it yesterday and started to comment but then thought it better to let it die on the vine.

What would be the difference in what you were castigating those NFL officials for and what some local yahoo might log in and post here about one of your games?

No matter the level, we're all in the same boat.

JRutledge Mon Oct 06, 2014 08:29am

Honestly, if you have to ask then that is part of the problem.

Peace

JasonLJ Mon Oct 06, 2014 08:36am

My apologies. I should have worded my post better to have a discussion about. Sorry.

Rich Mon Oct 06, 2014 09:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonLJ (Post 941111)
My apologies. I should have worded my post better to have a discussion about. Sorry.

I'd love to have a discussion about games where there are a lot of flags and how that changes how we work.

I had a game Friday night where we threw about 20 and I'm just not sure how we could've thrown fewer. The previous night, our crew had a total of 3 accepted penalties. The previous Friday, we had only 7.

CT1 Tue Oct 07, 2014 08:18am

Any experienced official (or crew) knows that there are going to be games like that. They normally involve a lot of formation/false start/encroachment fouls, due to the teams being poorly coached or just plain undisciplined.

As the old bromide goes, "The better the ball, the better I call."

Forksref Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT1 (Post 941213)
Any experienced official (or crew) knows that there are going to be games like that. They normally involve a lot of formation/false start/encroachment fouls, due to the teams being poorly coached or just plain undisciplined.

As the old bromide goes, "The better the ball, the better I call."

Well said.

PAUmpire Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:59am

my record is 37 flags.

and the thing was they were mostly flags that have to be called. UNR / and FS and ENC. very little subjective flags.

No one wants to work a game like that.

BoBo Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:58pm

When I finish the game and review the penalty I put the penalties in two groups. Theirs and Ours

Theirs= Penalties that are no brainers and the teams/players have done something very basic incorrectly i.e. offsides, false starts, delay of games, illegal formation and etc.

Ours= This is where our judgement comes into play. Holding, Illegal Blocks. Pass Interference, Unsportsmanlike or Unnecessary Acts.

We usually have very few OURS

Sturno Tue Oct 07, 2014 03:38pm

We had 4 false starts in a row on Friday....along with a player ejection, 3 UC's, 2 or 3 RTP's and I couldn't tell you how many encroachments and DPIs. Easily a record for us. Must be the moon phase.