The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Football (https://forum.officiating.com/football/)
-   -   McCauley was solid after the toss! (https://forum.officiating.com/football/97185-mccauley-solid-after-toss.html)

big jake Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:36pm

McCauley was solid after the toss!

Not much of a game to call but after the coin toss it was a very well called game!

Rich Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by big jake (Post 921218)
Not much of a game to call but after the coin toss it was a very well called game!

He did nothing wrong on the toss, either.

bisonlj Tue Feb 04, 2014 08:25am

This game was a clinic in dead ball officiating. The players were chippy throughout. The outcome may have been determine but this team did I imagine this was a very hard game to work from that standpoint.

ajmc Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by big jake (Post 921218)

McCauley's instant reaction and response to the premature coin flip was PERFECT. He immediately (instantaneously) responded to a complete surprise and corrected the situation with a smile and moved right through the confusion to get the train back on the track effortlessly and smoothly.

If there was any possible doubt who was in charge, and ready to go, his quick response ended it.

MNBlue Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmc (Post 921375)
McCauley's instant reaction and response to the premature coin flip was PERFECT.

Missed the coin toss - I was plating appetizers. What happened?

rockyroad Wed Feb 05, 2014 01:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNBlue (Post 921399)
Missed the coin toss - I was plating appetizers. What happened?

He handed the coin to Joe Namath who immediately flipped it before Seattle had a chance to call H or T...he stepped in, caught the coin out of the air, and laughed and turned it into a joke. Had Joe Willie do it again after Seattle made their call.

JRutledge Wed Feb 05, 2014 01:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmc (Post 921375)
McCauley's instant reaction and response to the premature coin flip was PERFECT. He immediately (instantaneously) responded to a complete surprise and corrected the situation with a smile and moved right through the confusion to get the train back on the track effortlessly and smoothly.

If there was any possible doubt who was in charge, and ready to go, his quick response ended it.

He handled it beautifully.

Peace

Rich Wed Feb 05, 2014 02:08pm

He not only caught the coin, he looked up at the camera with a smile on his face. Couldn't have handled it better.

I wonder if Namath shot that coyote on the way to the game.

hbk314 Wed Feb 05, 2014 05:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 921414)
I wonder if Namath shot that coyote on the way to the game.

Nice.

voiceoflg Fri Feb 07, 2014 09:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 921406)
He handled it beautifully.

Peace

Good form on the interception, too. Used both hands and secured it. :D