The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Football (https://forum.officiating.com/football/)
-   -   Fake PAT (https://forum.officiating.com/football/96428-fake-pat.html)

InsideTheStripe Tue Oct 29, 2013 05:29pm

Fake PAT

Any thoughts on this? I know it offends my sensibilities...

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/78115018?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0&amp;c olor=ffffff" width="925" height="520" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rich Tue Oct 29, 2013 05:31pm

Yeah, the R is about five yards too close to the goal line.

maven Tue Oct 29, 2013 05:46pm

Ah, the old barking dog...

BktBallRef Tue Oct 29, 2013 08:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 909341)
Yeah, the R is about five yards too close to the goal line.

He's also on the wrong side of the kicker. But I think that's because the monkey didn't know which side of the kicker to line up on.

I'm thinking that our state supervisor of officials would NOT like this play and expect us to shut it down.

jchamp Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:14pm

Yeah, instead of throwing it to #41 who was WIDE OPEN on the right side, he threw it into triple coverage to #35 who was behind 14 bodies crashing together.

And who let Air Bud on the field?

CT1 Wed Oct 30, 2013 06:14am

Shut it down & retry from the 18. No different than if the "holder" had started doing back flips across the field.

Hopefully A's coach would have told us about this in the pre-game so we could nix it then.

bigjohn Wed Oct 30, 2013 06:18am

Virtually the same as where's the tee, isn't it?

Why didn't the QB throw to the wide open guy? Must have not trusted him to catch it!

claude Wed Oct 30, 2013 08:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT1 (Post 909378)
Shut it down & retry from the 18. No different than if the "holder" had started doing back flips across the field.

Hopefully A's coach would have told us about this in the pre-game so we could nix it then.

Why

maven Wed Oct 30, 2013 08:44am

Somebody please tag that video with the word 'travesty'.

When somebody posts a trick play, we all say, "no, the hidden ball trick/sleeper play/player lying down, etc. are illegal but do not make the game a travesty."

The barking dog/jumping monkey play make the game a travesty. And, to be perfectly precise, it's illegal if it tends to make the game a travesty. 9-9-5

claude Wed Oct 30, 2013 09:01am

Quote:

Originally Posted by maven (Post 909390)
Somebody please tag that video with the word 'travesty'.

When somebody posts a trick play, we all say, "no, the hidden ball trick/sleeper play/player lying down, etc. are illegal but do not make the game a travesty."

The barking dog/jumping monkey play make the game a travesty. And, to be perfectly precise, it's illegal if it tends to make the game a travesty. 9-9-5

Thank You!

tjones1 Wed Oct 30, 2013 09:25am

I have 15 yards. Re-try.

bigjohn Wed Oct 30, 2013 09:35am

Ed Zackary!
That is pretty much what TRAVESTY means!

golfdesigner Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:00am

I Can't Believe They Let That Go

It's unbelievable that a crew would even let this get any further along than the first few seconds of this nut crawling towards the sideline.

They really need to spend some time in clinics and on this forum.

Were these guys sound asleep?

maven Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfdesigner (Post 909420)
It's unbelievable that a crew would even let this get any further along than the first few seconds of this nut crawling towards the sideline.

They really need to spend some time in clinics and on this forum.

Were these guys sound asleep?

Might not have been the strangest play of the night. :shrug:

rockyroad Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:01pm

Any Oregon guys on the board? This happened at Sherwood HS outside of Portland. Would love to hear thoughts of any of our Oregon brethren on here as to why it wasn't shut down.