The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 16, 2013, 11:59am
Official Forum Member

Colorado Springs Football Officials Association web site

My son and I are trying to enhance the web site for our association. If you have time, please visit the site at Colorado Springs Football Officials Association and let me know what you think. What can we add to make the site better? What does your association's site have/use that we could also incorporate?

Thanks!
Old Sat Mar 16, 2013, 08:12pm
Official Forum Member

Pretty Good Website - my few comments...below

* Perhaps something that explaisn your draft procedure for yoru new officials (although I did nto read too deeply for that)...
* calendar listed two dates and times - was one a start and the second and end time? if so may be a better way to state that.
* I would like to see more exams for new and even experienced official that may not have the resources yet...
* I don't see any contact information for board members (other than the contact tab)...
Old Sun Mar 17, 2013, 10:53am
Official Forum Member

Thanks Rules...

The FAQ section attempts to answer the draft question for the brand new officials. Candidly, we are still trying to figure out the best way to draft crews to ensure balance.

The site requires two times, so the "end time" is not firm; we only add one because we can't "submit" without some kind of time.

Great input on the exams!

We're careful about publishing contact info of specific people. That's why we put in the "contact us" form. (I don't want an irate parent calling me at home.)
Old Wed Mar 20, 2013, 05:00pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

I had the same question about the start times when I looked at the website last week. I wasn't sure whether the meeting starts at 6:30 or 7:30. Basic common sense told me it was an hour meeting starting at 7:30, but it wasn't blatantly clear. Is that a software glitch with the web host?