The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Aug 07, 2014, 10:00pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra2955 View Post
Heard from a very reliable source Illinois will NOT be changing shirts in the near future
That has been stated rather publicly for some time now.

Peace
Old Fri Aug 08, 2014, 10:08am
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Dick Honig himself (at his clinic) joked that he could give us all a really good deal on knickers.
LOL... my source wasn't Dick; but it wasn't too far from him. He joked about that too. He also said he hopes there are a lot of throw back games scheduled for the future! haha
Old Fri Aug 08, 2014, 12:31pm
TODO: creative title here

My crew has actually (somewhat jokingly) considering donning the knickers for a game this year, since they're still an approved uniform.

And we've (even more jokingly) talked about combining the knickers with the 2 1/4 stripes.

Maybe if we get a state tournament game (which we won't... newly put-together-crew + first-year white-hat = no playoff games)
Old Fri Aug 08, 2014, 03:55pm
Official Forum Member

The knickers were not only the old style but old material. The new shorts are a much lighter weight material. I think Dick and the boys just need to dump their supply of knickers onto some third world country, or give them to an outfitter who will cut them off for shorts and THEN dump them on some third world country (except Louisiana). Who knows how many pairs of socks are still floating around in boxes.

As far as states and shirts, a bunch of states swore they'd never switch to black pants. Is there anyone that doesn't have at least a cold weather pants option? By the end of this decade, I'm betting the 1" stripe on football shirts will be all but obsolete. The one thing that may keep it going is pee-wee. New shirt designs will be state association adoptions to be worn for their games only, so guys working youth leagues on Sat. morning may still wear the 1s.
Old Fri Aug 08, 2014, 10:56pm
Archaic Power Monger

That's a good point. Didn't TASO come out and say no wearing of the TASO patch for youth games?

I wonder if that will change now that they're requiring youth assigners to be officially recognized by a chapter for our insurance to cover us while working those games?