The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Football (https://forum.officiating.com/football/)
-   -   Advice and Help with Shirt Placards (https://forum.officiating.com/football/92217-advice-help-shirt-placards.html)

Rob4092xx Sat Aug 11, 2012 03:49pm

Advice and Help with Shirt Placards

I am not assigned to one specific crew. Instead, I am a fill-in for many different crews.

I need to wear a position placard on the back of my shirt. Due to the fact that I work several positions, I do not (nor can afford) five different shirts with placards sewn on.

Can anyone please share some ideas with me? I want to look professional but be economical at the same time.

I am considering velcro, but concerned the rough corners of velcro might damage my shirt when it tumbles in the dryer.

Advice please?

BktBallRef Sat Aug 11, 2012 05:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4092xx (Post 851593)
I am considering velcro, but concerned the rough corners of velcro might damage my shirt when it tumbles in the dryer.

Then don't put them in the dryer. Hang them up and let them drip dry.

FTVMartin Sat Aug 11, 2012 08:26pm

Have you considered maganets? I have used them for years on all of my patches. I wouls assume it would takes 4-6 small ones to hold in on properly.

Rob4092xx Sat Aug 11, 2012 09:23pm

Please tell me more about the magnets. How do they attach to the shirt and placards?

Rob4092xx Sat Aug 11, 2012 09:23pm

Has the velcro worked for you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 851596)
Then don't put them in the dryer. Hang them up and let them drip dry.

JRutledge Sat Aug 11, 2012 09:35pm

Honestly, if you are going to be working a lot, you might as well buy the shirts with the sublimation of the newer shirt. That is especially true if you are going to be working a lot of this season or in the future as well. Or at the very least get some shirts with your core positions and get some placards with the other positions that you will not normally work.

Honestly you trying to do things on the cheap actually make you sometimes look cheap or not as professional. And this will really be the case if everyone else has regular shirts. Look at it this way, if a shirt cost $40, how many games is that to buy that shirt?

Peace

mtridge Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:07pm

go to Jo Ann and get Res Q tape. Its a double sided tape that doesn't leave residue and holds well. I work 4 positions in college and use the stuff and the uniforms look sharp.

FTVMartin Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:34pm

Here is a link to the magnets. They come with adhesive but I reuse them on new patches by using a hot glue gun.

Roof Sportswear

Texas Aggie Sat Aug 18, 2012 07:36pm

Placards are approved this year, but we're not wearing them until someone comes up with the design as part of the shirt for 1" stripes, or we switch to the 2" (which I've been told is not happening, but was told the same for black pants a few years ago). The OP gives one good reason, but the main one, for me, anyway, is that I don't want anything sewn on my shirt.

For non-TV games, what's the point? I'm not sure there is a point for any games as far as most people are concerned.