The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Nov 18, 2011, 11:30am
Official Forum Member

Ooo?

Referees kick all media off sidelines, refuse to say why - Prep Rally - High SchoolBlog - Yahoo! Sports
Old Fri Nov 18, 2011, 11:43am
Do not give a damn!!

It sounds to me like there is a lot people do not want to admit. That includes the administration and those interviewed. Not sure what calls have to do with someone being removed from the sideline.

Peace
Old Fri Nov 18, 2011, 01:10pm
Official Forum Member

What a biased article. It says the officials made "the decision to forcibly remove" people from the sideline. I seriously doubt that the officials had to use force to get the people to leave.

Also in the video it says that a couple sideline warning fouls were called, and the video said one of them was on the band. So obviously the officials were having problems with non-team members being to close to the field. It isn't hard to imagine that the media members were also part of the problem and eventually were told to leave the field.
Old Fri Nov 18, 2011, 01:49pm
Chain of Fools

A high school sports blog is hardly the journalistic equivalent of say, oh, the New York Times or Newsweek.

I can hear it now....

"Band- you need to get off the field area."
"Why do those camera peole get to stay and we don't?"

"Camera people- please move out of the way."
"You aren't making the band move, why do we have to."

I imagine after a half of 22 flags, I'd not be suffering much backtalk either.

Just sayin'
Old Fri Nov 18, 2011, 02:17pm
Broadcaster

One of the interesting things about this game was the Henry County band was the one that got in the way, but the flag was thrown on Thomson for it.

Henry County hangs on to beat Thomson | The Augusta Chronicle

"Thomson was assessed a personal foul because the official ran into the Henry County band and claimed Thomson was responsible for controlling it."

I spoke with a couple folks who were at the game and they said "practically every call was correct. Just a sloppy game by the players." But ejecting the media was strange. The reason the word "forcibly" was used was because the officials did not tell the media to go, the Sheriff's deputies did.
Old Fri Nov 18, 2011, 03:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceoflg View Post
I spoke with a couple folks who were at the game and they said "practically every call was correct. Just a sloppy game by the players."
I don't know....that guy in the video said it was the most bizarre officiated sporting event he has ever seen in his life. If it was the worst some random guy has ever seen in his entire life then the officials must have been terrible

Also there were only 22 fouls in the whole game, not in the first half.
Old Fri Nov 18, 2011, 06:32pm
Official Forum Member

All it took for me was to read the first portion of the story...

"Georgia football officials have come under fire after using their whistles an inordinate amount of times on the field,"

.... to know that this was a hit piece.....
Old Sat Nov 19, 2011, 11:27pm
Official Forum Member

I find that a lot of stat people, ball boys, and media don't think the 2 yard belt applies to them. They seem to think that sice they aren't players or coaches, the rules don't apply to them.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Wed Nov 23, 2011, 01:27pm
Official Forum Member

Camera

Our crew was doing a game that was on the local cable tv access. The ball was on about the 2 yard line and when the teams lined up to snap, I punched off the receiver for my HL. Something caught my attention out of the corner of my eye and the lens of the camera was literally 3 inches from my ear. The play ran and I got the coach after the play and had them remove the camera man back and advised him that it would be an USP on him and I didn't want to make that call but would be forced to do so if the didn't comply. He took care of it immediately and we didn't have any more problems.
Old Wed Nov 23, 2011, 07:13pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
Moving a cameraman shouldn't take the coach's involvement and shouldn't require threatening the coach to get it done.
Old Wed Nov 23, 2011, 08:08pm
Official Forum Member

I always thought the ball boys were part of the crew.