The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 22, 2011, 07:23pm
Official Forum Member

In this case it was either an incorrect call or an IW...a mess either way.

This question then comes up. Hypothetical situation. 4/8 late in the game, A2 is running and it is ruled that his knee is down 3 yards short of the LTG. Can his it be reviewed to see if his knee was actually? If it is determinied that his knee was not down, is it now treated like an IW (i.e. A's choice to replay the down)?
Old Tue Nov 22, 2011, 07:28pm
Official Forum Member

One other thing...this is for the 'schoarly' gentleman who narrated the YouTube video in the OP: Vandy is Vandy because the school was started from money given by Cornelius Vanderbilt. Sorry, it was bothering me. Not that this guy will ever read this...just that, believe it or not, there are more important things in life that football (OMG, I can't believe I said that).
Old Tue Nov 22, 2011, 07:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU213 View Post
In this case it was either an incorrect call or an IW...a mess either way.

This question then comes up. Hypothetical situation. 4/8 late in the game, A2 is running and it is ruled that his knee is down 3 yards short of the LTG. Can his it be reviewed to see if his knee was actually? If it is determinied that his knee was not down, is it now treated like an IW (i.e. A's choice to replay the down)?
You could review the spot in relation to a first down, but if replay showed the runner wasn't actually down when he was ruled down, that is not reviewable. Also, inadvertent whistles are not reviewable either.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Wed Nov 23, 2011, 01:01pm
Official Forum Member

Judgement vs. IW

I think it is a very slippery slope to start calling a mis-judgement an IW. Things happend and we are called upon to make well calculated decisions based on what we believed we saw. Everyone of us has thought we've seen something and later found that we were mistaken. Sometimes that occurs during the game and sometimes afterward on film. If we treated each of those times as an IW, we might as well just hang up the whitsle and start refereeing from the video booth.