The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Nov 03, 2011, 04:26pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Rogers Redding doesn't write the Redding guide.
And it is not an NF official guide. It means almost nothing in interpretations of any kind.

Peace
Old Thu Nov 03, 2011, 07:49pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
And it is not an NF official guide. It means almost nothing in interpretations of any kind.

Peace
Sure it does. It's good enough for my crew and that's all that really matters when we're working.

It's the best publication of its kind out there, IMO.
Old Fri Nov 04, 2011, 12:13am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Sure it does. It's good enough for my crew and that's all that really matters when we're working.

Never used it and probably never will. If we need an interpretation we call the people in our state. We have 3 state clinicians on my crew and they can easily get an answer if need be. As I said, I cannot go to people and say, "In the Roger Redding book......it says."

Peace
Old Fri Nov 04, 2011, 08:55am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Never used it and probably never will. If we need an interpretation we call the people in our state. We have 3 state clinicians on my crew and they can easily get an answer if need be. As I said, I cannot go to people and say, "In the Roger Redding book......it says."

Peace

Who would ever tell a coach, "In the Redding Guide...."? I would tell the coach, "this is how it is" and, guess what, that day it would be exactly that way.

If you're shunning this book because it's unofficial, that's a shame. It is the best teaching guide I've ever seen and my crew uses it for a variety of things, including putting together our weekly crew quiz. I use it when preparing for association meetings, as well.
Old Fri Nov 04, 2011, 09:17am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Who would ever tell a coach, "In the Redding Guide...."? I would tell the coach, "this is how it is" and, guess what, that day it would be exactly that way.

If you're shunning this book because it's unofficial, that's a shame. It is the best teaching guide I've ever seen and my crew uses it for a variety of things, including putting together our weekly crew quiz. I use it when preparing for association meetings, as well.
It's a great tool ... but it's just a tool - it's not gospel and should not be used that way (as BJ seems to want to).

West Houston Mike
Old Fri Nov 04, 2011, 09:35am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:

I am not talking about what I would tell a coach. I am saying that the book is not what I would rely on for clarification as we have people do to that for us. I would never tell an assignor that, an evaluator that or someone from the state office based on that book. Only the interpretations we get from our state matters and the book might be a good learning tool, not something I can hang my hat on as the final say. And certainly not something people around here use in meetings or presentations. Also our crew has some very knowledgeable people on them and we always find items to generate discussions for our crew for pre-games and other discussion items. I have never seen the use for that book.

Peace
Old Mon Nov 07, 2011, 03:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

+1

Perhaps we should meet in Beloit and write a new one.