The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Oct 22, 2011, 04:08pm
Official Forum Member

Honigs black pants

I don't have a pair of the Honigs -- I've got the Smittys. The other night, I went to watch a crew work and they were mostly wearing the Honigs. I noticed the side white stripe on their pants had faded a little -- one more than the others. The one that really faded was almost a gray. Now, it could have been black tights under the pants and the material being thin enough to "show" through, but have anyone here with Honigs noticed this?

Edit: I have the light Smittys, have washed them on warm, and the stripe is still pretty white. At least, I haven't noticed any fading.

Last edited by Texas Aggie; Sat Oct 22, 2011 at 09:22pm.
Old Sat Oct 22, 2011, 05:40pm
Chain of Fools

I've got the original foul weather Honig's and haven't noticed. However, I haven't worn them much.

I bought a pair of Smitty's this spring and its been my primary pair. I've noticed in the white stripes on those what I can only describe as a "run" in the material. The first I noticed, I thought it was a stain so I treated and re-washed and it was still there. I inspected it closer then and its some thinning in the material of the stripe.
Old Sat Oct 22, 2011, 06:57pm
Official Forum Member

I have the light Honigs pants and that happened to mine. The white stripe grayed after the first wash. I bought a pair of Gerry Davis blacks and not only do they look sharper, the stripe did not gray
Old Sat Oct 22, 2011, 07:54pm
Archaic Power Monger

I also have the lightweight black pants from Honigs and they did the same thing. I even threw a couple of color catchers in the wash load to prevent it but it happened anyways. I'm rather annoyed and I'm not sure they'll do anything if we call and complain. I'm through buying anything uniform related from Honigs as I'm constantly disappointed with the quality of the products they've been putting out lately.
Old Sat Oct 22, 2011, 11:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
Edit: I have the light Smittys, have washed them on warm, and the stripe is still pretty white. At least, I haven't noticed any fading.

I have the lightweight Smitty's and have worn them 8x. No graying.

I also have the heavier weight Smitty's. Last year's pair grayed. I just worn the new pair for the first time last night. I made sure I washed them alone and they were fine this morning.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Sun Oct 23, 2011, 07:09am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
I don't have a pair of the Honigs -- I've got the Smittys. The other night, I went to watch a crew work and they were mostly wearing the Honigs. I noticed the side white stripe on their pants had faded a little -- one more than the others. The one that really faded was almost a gray. Now, it could have been black tights under the pants and the material being thin enough to "show" through, but have anyone here with Honigs noticed this?

Our entire association has Honig's (Canadian branch) pants and have used them for 2 seasons for all games - not just foul weather games. I've never seen fade at all.
Old Sun Oct 23, 2011, 07:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
Our entire association has Honig's (Canadian branch) pants and have used them for 2 seasons for all games - not just foul weather games. I've never seen fade at all.
Probably cause they're metric. :shrug:
Old Sun Oct 23, 2011, 08:05am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron View Post
Probably cause they're metric. :shrug:
If the USA ditched the imperial system years ago like Canada did, you'd have nice pants too!
Old Sun Oct 23, 2011, 10:24pm
Official Forum Member

apparently this has happened to quite a few people and they called hoings and they said it was a result of washing their pants with under armour
Old Mon Oct 24, 2011, 12:11am
Archaic Power Monger

Well they are full of it. I've never had my under armor type undergarments run, including on my knickers. Their pants did it all on their own and suffice to say, I'm not surprised at their response.
Old Mon Oct 24, 2011, 12:36am
Do not give a damn!!

My question is what are you washing them in for this to be a problem? I have not seen any such problem in any way. Hot water? Cold Water? Washing alone?

Peace
Old Mon Oct 24, 2011, 05:19am
Official Forum Member

Cold water and washing with other clothes, none of which saw the white parts gray. What are they gonna say next, the pants have to be washed all by themselves? What a crock! I am done with Honigs. 2 pairs of pants and both did this.
Old Mon Oct 24, 2011, 06:19am
Chain of Fools

I wash all my "knits" together in cold water. I've never known polyester to "bleed".
Old Mon Oct 24, 2011, 08:25am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMike View Post
Cold water and washing with other clothes, none of which saw the white parts gray.
Same here. Cold water, with the rest of my football uniforms, detergent and Clorox 2 only. Same as I've always done. I put a comment on their Facebook page, let's see what the response is.

Last edited by Welpe; Mon Oct 24, 2011 at 08:30am.
Old Mon Oct 24, 2011, 10:53am
Chain of Fools

Quote:
let's see what the response is.
They'll come out with a NEW & IMPROVED version that our state office will make us buy.