The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Oct 23, 2011, 02:07pm
Official Forum Member

CLE/SEA official swearing on the field?

I'm not even sure that I saw/heard this correctly, so correct me if I describe it incorrectly...

SEA punts it well out of bounds at approx. the R 20 (replays showed that it hit so far out of bound it was on the other side of the thick white stripe. The ball takes a large bounce back in bounds. The ball rolls to the R7 where it is downed by K. At first the official seems to spot it there (SJ or FJ) then moves up to the spot where the ball hit OOB. He then runs over to talk to the R. While he is running back to the OOB spot, it sounds to me like he yells "F***" followed by something I could not hear. I rewinded it to see it again (sorry, could not resist ) and it seemed like, he did indeed curse quite loudly. This all occured in the last minute in the 2nd quarter. Did anyone else see this or am I just crazy (or both)?