The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 24, 2003, 01:02pm
Official Forum Member

I need to know the general duties of the officials of a four man crew in high school football. What does the umpire do? The referee? The line judges? Etc. Thanks a lot. Any help is appreciated.
Old Mon Mar 24, 2003, 01:24pm
Official Forum Member

Exclamation Try the National Federation web site...

If you have Power Point on your computer the National Federation may have 4 man mechanics available. Or you can order the officials manual on that site. It has 3, 4, and 5 man mechanics.
Old Mon Mar 24, 2003, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Try the National Federation web site...

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Simonds
If you have Power Point on your computer the National Federation may have 4 man mechanics available. Or you can order the officials manual on that site. It has 3, 4, and 5 man mechanics.
The 3-man mechanics manual can be found at the NFHS.org website because it is no longer included in their actual printed mechanics manual.

[Edited by mikesears on Mar 24th, 2003 at 02:20 PM]
Old Mon Mar 24, 2003, 06:48pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up Whoops!!!

Thanks Mike. I did'nt realize the NF deleted the 3 man mechanics from their official's manual. I have one thats about 2 or 3 years old. I know they update it every other year so I must have the older version.

http://www.honigs.com has the CCA manuals for 5, 6, and 7 man mechanics.

Also, referee magazine and the National Association of Sports Officials (NASO) has good books on mechanics.
Old Mon Mar 24, 2003, 07:09pm
Official Forum Member

Socko

Mr. Socko,

Are you joining our noble profession or just curious about the duties of officials?

We could probably be of more help if we knew what you planned on doing with the information. Let us know how we might be able to help.

Old Mon Mar 24, 2003, 09:23pm
Official Forum Member

I am taking a class in college called "officiating sports." Our instructor asked us to print something off the internet the showed their duties. I couldn't find anything so I decided to post something on the boards. Yes, the reason I am taking the class is I can become a certified official for football and hopefully I can start officiating next fall. Hope this helps.
Old Tue Mar 25, 2003, 07:05am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mrsocko2002
I am taking a class in college called "officiating sports." Our instructor asked us to print something off the internet the showed their duties. I couldn't find anything so I decided to post something on the boards. Yes, the reason I am taking the class is I can become a certified official for football and hopefully I can start officiating next fall. Hope this helps.
Go to http://www.yahoo.com and type "five man officiating mechanics" and it will bring up a number of sites where you can print mechanics information. Then come back here and be a sponge. This site is an outstanding source of information. Good luck and have fun

[Edited by mikesears on Mar 25th, 2003 at 06:13 AM]
Old Tue Mar 25, 2003, 04:41pm
Official Forum Member

Here's a good start...

Mr.Socko...

Here's a website that has some of what your looking for. Click on the "Mechanics" icon. Good luck and hurry up. We could use your help!
http://www.footballofficials.com/