The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Fri May 27, 2011, 11:28am
Official Forum Member

More "Nit Pick" from Washington State

The following is from an article written by the Tri-City Herald in Kennewick, WA. This happened at the 3A Regional meet in Spokane. This is the same group (WOA/WIAA) that suspended football officals for using pink whistles.

The Kamiakin Braves won the sprint relay in 42.77 seconds, which is the fastest time in the state for Class 3A schools this season. They were then given their first-place medals, when an opposing coach noticed the team was wearing different color uniforms.

The rules state that if two or more members of a relay are wearing tights under the uniform, then all relay members must wear the same colors. Three of the Braves were wearing black tights and one white tights.

The meet's games committee convened and initally voted 3-1 to deny the protest and let Kamiakin move on. Another protest was then filed because not all members of the games committee were present for the vote. After much talk, the second vote went against Kamiakin, allowing Eastmont's relay team to earn the final state-qualifying spot.

"Coach (Cheryl) Schauble came over to me and told me," Johnston said. "I didn't think she was being serious until I saw her face. I didn't know how we got disqualified."

Kamiakin took the protest to the WIAA, but the appeal was denied.

Read more: Kamiakin's Johnston sprints to state - Sports: Track | Tri-City Herald : Mid-Columbia news

Last edited by Redneck Ref; Fri May 27, 2011 at 11:39am.