Old Thu Oct 31, 2002, 09:36am
Official Forum Member

See the real Coach Nayzium:

http://homepage.mac.com/benlippenfal...lpictures.html
Old Thu Oct 31, 2002, 10:15am
Official Forum Member

3 observations:
---------------

1) Nice site. I especially like the background with the diagramed play. That's pretty cool.

2) Wing officials are starting way too close to the play.

3) I don't think it was right for you to post this link. If Coach wanted us to see it, he would have posted it himself.

I think he's entitled to let us know as much or as little about himself and his program as HE chooses.

I like the fact that he posts questions and is a student of the game. I wish we had more coaches around that truely wanted to learn the rules. This just feels like an invasion of privacy, even if the site is on the internet.

Old Thu Oct 31, 2002, 10:54am
Official Forum Member

Hey it is great to have Jim Nayzium or any other coach on this forum and I wish more coaches would take advantage of this technology to dialogue with officials.

If a coach wants to remain anonymous so be it, especially, since some on this board do not always agree with coaches.

Let's all remember as officials and coaches our primary goal should be to advance the sport of football. Should a level of mutual respect on and off the field that we expect the players to show on the field.
Old Thu Oct 31, 2002, 12:37pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up He actually posted his address in a previous message.

Coach Nayzium actually posted his address in a previous message when he wanted us to look at a .mpg file.

Check the thread yourself.

http://www.officialforum.com/showthr...?threadid=5985

[Edited by alabamabluezebra on Oct 31st, 2002 at 02:38 PM]
Old Thu Oct 31, 2002, 03:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FR
2) Wing officials are starting way too close to the play. [/B]
I agree, unless that official at the top of the picture has olymipic speed, he is at risk of being beaten to the outside and/or spending too much time avoiding the play instead of watching the action. I am all for being about 10 yards outside the widest A Player, and routinely argue with other officials that the wings are not glued to the sideline, but 10 yards is about my limit. (Yes I know the O-Manual says 9 yards or sideline)

McC
Old Thu Oct 31, 2002, 10:25pm
Official Forum Member

This year has been much better than in the past. I used to come here and gripe to BKref about all my missed calls. It was for this reason that I wished to stay unnamed...

As for now, I just posted the block below the waist so you guys could see it....I did not think through the consequences of my actual identity being revealed.

Lets just call it professionally even...and move on, leaving my real identity out of things...it makes it much easier for me to be candid in case some of my guys are ever here...

but for the most part this year has been a huge improvement.