The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 05:03pm
Official Forum Member

for all those so worked up into a tizzy over this whole thing, how about going here https://www.cancer.org/involved/donate/index and making a contribution that might actually help make a difference rather than wasting a lot of time and money mailing your whistles and sweat bands to some guy who made a bad decision on where to fight his battle? Showing support is nice, actually giving support is much better.
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 05:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
for all those so worked up into a tizzy over this whole thing, how about going here https://www.cancer.org/involved/donate/index and making a contribution that might actually help make a difference rather than wasting a lot of time and money mailing your whistles and sweat bands to some guy who made a bad decision on where to fight his battle? Showing support is nice, actually giving support is much better.
I don't understand: I didn't see any pink whistles or red-faced officials at that site. Relevance?
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 05:57pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Just about every donation of money you get something to help bring awareness. I have purchased T-shirts that were given after a donation. Awareness is just as important as what you donate, because more people will know about the disease and will do more to help the causes. There are certain communities that do not get checked because they are unaware of the measures of prevention and the success rate of early detection. Based on the original stories these officials gave a check as well as wore a whistle. Wearing a whistle is a sign of support and I am sure many of the participants had people in their lives that were affected. I know I have so the sign of support sometimes means more than just giving money alone.

Peace
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 08:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I know I have so the sign of support sometimes means more than just giving money alone.
That basically sums up half of the problems with the obsession with Breast Cancer Month. In reality a cure for breast cancer would be much more beneficial to the world than showing support. Me wearing around a pink wristband isn't going to help cure anything while donating money would actually do something.
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 10:19pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
That basically sums up half of the problems with the obsession with Breast Cancer Month. In reality a cure for breast cancer would be much more beneficial to the world than showing support. Me wearing around a pink wristband isn't going to help cure anything while donating money would actually do something.
No one said it was going to cure anything all by itself. But like a lot of diseases and conditions, the more awareness the more people change people's behavior is a good thing. If you do not want to wear a wristband that is on you.

Peace