The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Tue Oct 19, 2010, 09:25am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 521
Cal/Stanford Type Ending in KY Game

Crazy ending. PA Announcer announces end of game even though the whistle hasn't blown. Both teams storm the field . TD scored.

How do you handle it?

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Tue Oct 19, 2010, 09:33am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 8,033
How do we handle what?
__________________
I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, 'I drank what?'

West Houston Mike
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Tue Oct 19, 2010, 10:34am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: LeRoy IL
Posts: 278
Send a message via Yahoo to ref5678
I say touchdown, 15 yards USC for excessive celerbration hanging from the goal posts. 15 yards enforced from the suceeding spot which would be the three. PAT from the 18
__________________
Dylan Ferguson
IHSA Official 52010
Firefighter/Paramedic, B.S.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Tue Oct 19, 2010, 10:38am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 8,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by ref5678 View Post
I say touchdown, 15 yards USC for excessive celebration hanging from the goal posts. 15 yards enforced from the succeeding spot which would be the three. PAT from the 18
So .... no penalty for 42 men on the field?
__________________
I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, 'I drank what?'

West Houston Mike
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Tue Oct 19, 2010, 12:19pm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 391
Here's my crack at it.

Both teams had non-players on the field during the play plus you have an UC on R after the play. Illegal substitution fouls on K & R offset. K will rekick from R's 45.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Tue Oct 19, 2010, 01:09pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 156
The players on the field neither participated nor committed an unfair act. That means any foul you have is a nonplayer foul that would be penalized from the succeeding spot.

TD stands (as no "live ball fouls" were committed).

Multiple fouls on K would put the ball right at the goal line and the USC on R would put the ball just outside the 15 for the try.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old Tue Oct 19, 2010, 01:52pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppaltice View Post
The players on the field neither participated nor committed an unfair act. That means any foul you have is a nonplayer foul that would be penalized from the succeeding spot.

TD stands (as no "live ball fouls" were committed).

Multiple fouls on K would put the ball right at the goal line and the USC on R would put the ball just outside the 15 for the try.
If you are calling multiple fouls on K how are you not calling multiple fouls on R?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old Tue Oct 19, 2010, 02:08pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 8,033
I think you clearly have offsetting penalties for IS. I think you have to handle the USC singularly, but separately. Try from the 18.
__________________
I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, 'I drank what?'

West Houston Mike
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old Tue Oct 19, 2010, 02:29pm
Rich's Avatar
Get away from me, Steve.
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 15,736
The failure to penalize the USC for swinging on the goalposts is the only real disappointment I have watching this clip. Sure, they should've flagged IS on both teams and they'd cancel, but that's OK. That can get worked out by the crew in the huddle. Not penalizing Tarzan? That shouldn't happen.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old Tue Oct 19, 2010, 10:40pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
I think you clearly have offsetting penalties for IS. I think you have to handle the USC singularly, but separately. Try from the 18.
is this NF or NCAA you guys are talking about? Why the offsetting talk? Radio blue you need some help.

Looked like K committed the first foul, then R, then R again.

Move the try to the 1.5 then the 16.5 then to the 31.5 & they have to try it from there. Looks like they offset the fouls & they tried it from the 3???? You guys in stripes are no better then coaches screaming he's out of the tackle box. C'mon
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old Tue Oct 19, 2010, 10:44pm
Rich's Avatar
Get away from me, Steve.
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 15,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Jinx View Post
is this NF or NCAA you guys are talking about? Why the offsetting talk? Radio blue you need some help.

Looked like K committed the first foul, then R, then R again.

Move the try to the 1.5 then the 16.5 then to the 31.5 & they have to try it from there. Looks like they offset the fouls & they tried it from the 3???? You guys in stripes are no better then coaches screaming he's out of the tackle box. C'mon
There's no way that one can clearly tell that K was on the field before R.

So cancel them out. This crew flagged nothing. I wouldn't have hesitated to flag the swinging on the goalpost.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old Tue Oct 19, 2010, 10:47pm
RMR RMR is offline
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
There's no way that one can clearly tell that K was on the field before R.

So cancel them out. This crew flagged nothing. I wouldn't have hesitated to flag the swinging on the goalpost.
So do you hit them with one or two USCs for the players swinging from the goalpost?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ending Game bbsbvb83 Softball 58 Fri Jul 02, 2010 04:10pm
Arizona/Stanford game last night. Jerry Blum Softball 36 Sun May 24, 2009 07:10pm
Wash/Stanford game blindzebra Basketball 12 Mon Jan 30, 2006 03:21pm
Another game ending sitch Blackhawk357 Basketball 10 Fri Jan 07, 2005 01:16pm
Question about O-O-B call in Tenn-Stanford game Jimgolf Basketball 9 Fri Apr 02, 2004 02:08pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46pm.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1