The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Football (https://forum.officiating.com/football/)
-   -   Cowbells (https://forum.officiating.com/football/59372-cowbells.html)

GoodwillRef Thu Oct 14, 2010 09:55pm

Cowbells

What is the rule about cowbells in the stands for high school football or is there a rule. Does anyone have a rule book or case book pager?

BroKen62 Thu Oct 14, 2010 09:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodwillRef (Post 696450)
What is the rule about cowbells in the stands for high school football or is there a rule. Does anyone have a rule book or case book pager?

If you want my opinion they should destroy every cowbell on the face of the earth. Go Rebels!!!:D

GoodwillRef Thu Oct 14, 2010 09:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroKen62 (Post 696451)
If you want my opinion they should destroy every cowbell on the face of the earth. Go Rebels!!!:D

Is that in the rule book? LOL

Rich Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:17pm

The artificial noisemaker rule that exists in NFHS basketball does not exist in football.

We all need more cowbell.

Welpe Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:18pm

I have a fever, and the only prescription, is more cowbell!

Edit: I just checked on Wikipedia, I can't believe that sketch is 10 years old.

GoodwillRef Fri Oct 15, 2010 03:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 696453)
The artificial noisemaker rule that exists in NFHS basketball does not exist in football.

We all need more cowbell.

Thanks, someone posed the question of the legality of cowbells and I wanted to make sure I had it right before I responded back to them...I have never really had a issie with them in one of our games.

bigjohn Fri Oct 15, 2010 06:31am

Not cowbells but Ohio playoffs have this rule.

3.4 Air Horns/Noisemaker Prohibited
Air horns are not permitted in the stadium. Noisemakers that require electric or power of other sorts are prohibited

JugglingReferee Fri Oct 15, 2010 07:53am

Canadian Ruling

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodwillRef (Post 696450)

CANADIAN RULING:

No mention. So keep 'em.

mbyron Fri Oct 15, 2010 07:55am

Reminds me of my dear, departed mother, who would show up for each of my peewee games and root for my (terrible) team with a vigorous cowbell. I've got to think she was unpopular with the other parents. :D

PocketSidewalk Fri Oct 15, 2010 09:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 696458)
I have a fever, and the only prescription, is more cowbell!

+1 :D Love it! That's good stuff.

Every time I hear Don't Fear the Reaper, I can't help but think of that skit and Will Ferrell going to town on the cow bell.

Canned Heat Fri Oct 15, 2010 09:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by PocketSidewalk (Post 696494)
+1 :D Love it! That's good stuff.

Every time I hear Don't Fear the Reaper, I can't help but think of that skit and Will Ferrell going to town on the cow bell.

YouTube - CowBell

Sorry....had to.

Good luck tonight and tomorrow, fellas.

With_Two_Flakes Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:45pm

Did a Friday night game in Michigan recently, a bunch of the kids in the home stands had vuvuzela's. You never heard such a racket. I was LJ and it drove me nuts. The Home coach too. After once again failing to yell in a play change to his Defensive captain, he asked about shutting them up. I wasn't sure whether he was talking to me or his assistant coach. I simply pointed out that it was his fans making the noise, and suggested he talk to his A.D.