Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Sep 15, 2010, 03:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You ask which spot they want? Really?

Peace
No because it's obvious they will take the best first touching spot over the dead ball spot. That's not what we are discussing here. You are saying the only first touching spot is the first one and that's not the case. It could be the second or third one if they exist.
Old Wed Sep 15, 2010, 03:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
Why are we still trying to wrestle this greased pig? He WILL NOT answer your question because he knows he was blatantly wrong. He will respond to your question with something like, "Walt - how can you not know the answer to this." followed by an insult to you, a bit of ego-bluster or resume-spewing, and a comment that he doesn't have to help you understand what you couldn't possibly understand. He'll probably yell at you for not knowing the 10 is irrelevant even though you never said it was.

HE KNOWS HE WAS WRONG. That is why he won't answer this directly. He's simply sitting in his mother's basement, getting excited about how much he's stirred things up. Thus, Jeff has landed in troll-landia.

This teaches me who I should and should not ask when requesting enlightenment regarding FED rules.
JRut is actually very knowledgable about Fed rules so I would say he's someone you could rely on most of the time. He either firmly believes the subsequent touching by K are not spots of first touching or he is afraid to admit he was originally mistaken. I don't care which it is.
Old Wed Sep 15, 2010, 03:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisonlj View Post
JRut is actually very knowledgable about Fed rules so I would say he's someone you could rely on most of the time.
I believe that ... which is exactly why I asked him to clarify something that seemed off to me - and got ridiculed for it. And then when other Fedlandians pipe in, I learn he was exactly wrong about the thing that felt wrong to me. And I got resume-beaten and ridiculed some more. Why would I go back for more of that?

West Houston Mike
Old Wed Sep 15, 2010, 10:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I believe that ... which is exactly why I asked him to clarify something that seemed off to me - and got ridiculed for it. And then when other Fedlandians pipe in, I learn he was exactly wrong about the thing that felt wrong to me. And I got resume-beaten and ridiculed some more. Why would I go back for more of that?
REPLY: mbcrowder, just for the record and as most others have said, the Fed "first touching" rules are virtually identical to the NCAA "illegal touching" rules that you know with one exception regarding how R's first/illegal touching rights can be cancelled. But yes...any and all spots where K touches a scrimmage kick prior to R touching are indeed "relevant" and each may become the succeeding spot--just like in NCAA. Whether you mark them with bean bags, hats, shoes, or jock straps, you better know which is the most advantageous to R once the play ends. Any idea that only the initial first/illegal touching spot and the dead ball spot are relevant and only one of those two spots will qualify as the succeeding spot is pure hogwash.

I haven't visited this board since June, and probably wouldn't have tuned in tonight either except that posters on another board told me I just had to read this if I wanted a good laugh before going to bed. This thread reminds me once again why I've stayed away. Now I'm certain I'll be ridiculed and insulted for this post, and I just hope that whoever might choose to do that asks to compare FB resumes with me.
Old Wed Sep 15, 2010, 10:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOofficial View Post
I'm not a football official and am just looking for a quick answer.
... and 5 pages later...
Old Wed Sep 15, 2010, 10:55pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
He WILL NOT answer your question because he knows he was blatantly wrong. He will respond to your question with something like, "Walt - how can you not know the answer to this." followed by an insult to you, a bit of ego-bluster or resume-spewing, and a comment that he doesn't have to help you understand what you couldn't possibly understand. He'll probably yell at you for not knowing the 10 is irrelevant even though you never said it was.

HE KNOWS HE WAS WRONG. That is why he won't answer this directly. He's simply sitting in his mother's basement, getting excited about how much he's stirred things up. Thus, Jeff has landed in troll-landia.

This teaches me who I should and should not ask when requesting enlightenment regarding FED rules.
I will not answer your questions because I answered it a long time ago and I do not have to. You do you think you are Ron O'Neal or something?

Peace
Old Wed Sep 15, 2010, 10:57pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Me View Post
Actually, you were wrong. Despite all your bluster, resume posting, excuses, & insults, you were painfully wrong. It's just you can't admit it. And that's where you tragically fail.
Why don't you be a man and bring your behind to where I am. Then talk to me about what I am doing or saying. Do that then we can talk about what I am wrong about. Are you scared to do that, or are you going to hide behind a little name because you do not have the balls to say it to my face?

I will be waiting?

Peace
Old Wed Sep 15, 2010, 11:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
..only one first touching spot matters..
Fundamentally true, but all must be marked/bagged in order to ascertain just which one. The initial spot of first touching may not be the one that matters.
Old Wed Sep 15, 2010, 11:21pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
Fundamentally true, but all must be marked/bagged in order to ascertain just which one. The initial spot of first touching may not be the one that matters.
Well I am not going to do that. If you want to do that, fine. If you need to do that, fine. I only have so many bean bags and it is not hard to determine what spot is going to be used. I only care three bean bags and one is in my pocket if I misplace or cannot go pick up the other one in a timely manner (rare).

Again, I have a dead ball spot and a first touching spot. It is not that hard to figure out which those are. Never had a problem in my entire career, I do not think this conversation is going to change that.

Do you; do not worry about what others do. I learned to pick up pennies a long time ago. This is one I will leave on the ground.

Peace
Old Thu Sep 16, 2010, 08:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Why don't you be a man and bring your behind to where I am. Then talk to me about what I am doing or saying. Do that then we can talk about what I am wrong about. Are you scared to do that, or are you going to hide behind a little name because you do not have the balls to say it to my face?

I will be waiting?

Peace
Interesting... just had a long talk last night with my 7th grader about not lowering himself to the level of the kid who pretty much said the same thing to him.

West Houston Mike
Old Thu Sep 16, 2010, 08:47am
Archaic Power Monger

This board can't get enough about the topic of touching...whether it is the phrase "is touching" or "first touching"....
Old Thu Sep 16, 2010, 08:48am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
This board can't get enough about the topic of touching...whether it is the phrase "is touching" or "first touching"....
Why does my wife/girlfriend want me to touch her Volvo?

Where's the moderator with the lock when you need him?
Old Thu Sep 16, 2010, 08:55am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Why does my wife/girlfriend want me to touch her Volvo?
Either to wash it or change the oil is my guess.
Old Thu Sep 16, 2010, 09:49am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Interesting... just had a long talk last night with my 7th grader about not lowering himself to the level of the kid who pretty much said the same thing to him.
I also learned the unsuccessful people do things that successful people do not do. I will let you figure out how that plays out in this conversation. So you go on worrying about what I think of this.

Peace
Old Thu Sep 16, 2010, 10:25am
Do not give a damn!!

BTW, STOP SENDING ME PM'S ABOUT THIS STUPID TOPIC!!!! I WILL JUST DELETE THEM FROM THIS POINT ON.

Peace