The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Football (https://forum.officiating.com/football/)
-   -   Honig's Timing Kit (F77H) (https://forum.officiating.com/football/58740-honigs-timing-kit-f77h.html)

tjones1 Sat Jul 31, 2010 06:58pm

Honig's Timing Kit (F77H)

Does anyone have this watch? If so, have you had any problems with it?

I just got one and I was programming it and one of the dang buttons broke and fell off.

Thanks for your feedback.

Canned Heat Sun Aug 08, 2010 03:49pm

I do know a guy who had it and subsequently returned it.

I've used the Ready-Ref for the last 10 years and would recommend it to anyone at any level. My original unit took a dump 2 years ago and they stood by it and replaced it.

http://www.ready-ref.com/football_timer.html

tjones1 Mon Aug 09, 2010 03:27pm

I have returned mine and I'm going to wait until the new NFL Reebok Officiating Watch comes out next week.

I, too, have a Ready-Ref and certainly recommend it.

Thanks.

New(ish) Ref Wed Aug 11, 2010 05:55am

I use one of these:

At_a_Glance - RFT-100-2VER - Phys - CASIO Sport - Watches - CASIO

The vibration alarm is a great feature. However, I understand that they are easier to obtain over here in Europe than in the US. (Probably something to do with them being designed for soccer originally.)

Umpmazza Fri Aug 13, 2010 07:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by New(ish) Ref (Post 688421)
I use one of these:

At_a_Glance - RFT-100-2VER - Phys - CASIO Sport - Watches - CASIO

The vibration alarm is a great feature. However, I understand that they are easier to obtain over here in Europe than in the US. (Probably something to do with them being designed for soccer originally.)

I had this watch and loved it.. can't find it here in the US.. and they will not ship to the US.. my battery went out, and I tried to replace it, but no it is not working..

tomes1978 Mon Aug 16, 2010 03:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjones1 (Post 688209)
I have returned mine and I'm going to wait until the new NFL Reebok Officiating Watch comes out next week.

I, too, have a Ready-Ref and certainly recommend it.

Thanks.

Where can you find the Reebok?

tjones1 Mon Aug 16, 2010 08:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomes1978 (Post 688875)
Where can you find the Reebok?

According to the company making the watch for the NFL, Honig's is going to be the very first retailer to have it available.

They are suppose to be in stock sometime this week. I'm hoping to have mine at the end of the week.

tjones1 Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:41am

Re: Reebok Watch

I just spoke to Jeff at Honig's. He said the watches just arrived and will probably start shipping tomorrow.

wisref2 Wed Aug 18, 2010 04:22pm

Just got an e-mail from UPS that my Reebok watch has been shipped and will arrive on Friday.

tjones1 Wed Aug 18, 2010 06:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by wisref2 (Post 689124)
Just got an e-mail from UPS that my Reebok watch has been shipped and will arrive on Friday.

Same here. I'm looking forward to getting it.

wisref2 Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:02pm

Got my Reebok NFL watch. Great watch - but you can't preset it for anything under 1:00. So you can't use it for timing the play clock. Only once have I had to time a high school game on the field, so $100 is a lot of money for a backup device. I will be returning it and I'll spend about $30 for something else.

But still, if you often use a watch for game timing, this is a great one. Very easy to set, very easy to use.

Texas Aggie Tue Aug 24, 2010 01:19pm

The Casio is the one to get for back judges. If you time the game, then the NFL may be a bit easier to operate on a start/stop basis. Whatever you do, don't get a Timex Ironman if you need to time the game accurately. The start and stop buttons are different, which is stupid, and you may screw things up without realizing it.

wisref2 Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:10pm

I ALMOST bought one of those Ironman watches yesterday. Luckily, I looked at it more closely that usual. Not a good watch for our use.

I called Honig today to let them know about the Reebok. They weren't aware that you couldn't use it for timing the play clock. They said they'd provide the feedback to Reebok - so maybe we'll get a new version next season. If so, I'm buying it!