The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 08, 2010, 07:36pm
Official Forum Member

Superbowl:Was there a block in the back not called

I dont have a replay handy, but I believe there was a block-in-the-back foul on the Saints on the interception return for a touchdown. The block in question occurred around the 50 yard line by I think #81 from the Saints during the return. Did anyone else see this? What do you think?

Last edited by procivil; Mon Feb 08, 2010 at 07:40pm.
Old Mon Feb 08, 2010, 08:27pm
Official Forum Member

In "real time" I thought Manning was pushed from behind and the runner made a slight cut back to the inside ... in slow-motion it did not look as obvious.

Regardless, I do not think it would have made difference because I do not think the Colts defense could stop the Saints.

For the record, I've been a Colts fan since the days of "ole high tops", #19 Johnny U.
Old Mon Feb 08, 2010, 10:03pm
Official Forum Member

It was a good no call. The initial contact was at the shoulder and then Manning turned and he was finished off with the push. The key part is where the initial contact was.
Old Mon Feb 08, 2010, 11:14pm
Official Forum Member

It was not a block in the back. Best I could tell from the video Manning was moving toward sideline as Porter was directing blocking. Porter seeing the blocking moved toward middle of the field such that his path placed him behind Manning. Looked like Manning tried to reverse direction and got tangled.

Wished they had shown the aerial camera shot.
Old Tue Feb 09, 2010, 01:24am
Official Forum Member

I must be training my son well because he noticed it while watching a replay tonight. I told him if the official saw it he probably passed on it because there was no advantage gained. The runner cut behind Peyton and he had no play. It would have been a cheap BIB and I think it was good for any official to pass on it. I disagree with Ed that the block started in the side but I do agree it was a good no-call.
Old Tue Feb 09, 2010, 07:06am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
I agree it was a good no call.

It was discussed at some length on several ESPN shows/Sports Centers.
Old Tue Feb 09, 2010, 07:28am
Official Forum Member

The Superbowl crew threw very few flags (say that aloud 5 times fast), which helped keep the game under the usual 11 hours broadcast time.
Old Tue Feb 09, 2010, 09:12am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hickland View Post
It was not a block in the back. Best I could tell from the video Manning was moving toward sideline as Porter was directing blocking. Porter seeing the blocking moved toward middle of the field such that his path placed him behind Manning. Looked like Manning tried to reverse direction and got tangled.

Wished they had shown the aerial camera shot.

I agree. I thought there might've been something in real-time but after seeing the replay, it was clearly nothing.
Old Tue Feb 09, 2010, 10:19am
Official Forum Member

I wanted the Saints to win but would not have been upset the other way.

I saw the block and after watching the replays, agree it was a good no call.

It was on Manning and I don't believe he was going to make much of an attempt to make a tackle. Most QB's make that one handed ,"Oh well I tried" tackle.
Old Tue Feb 09, 2010, 11:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG UMP View Post
Most QB's make that one handed ,"Oh well I tried" tackle.
Most QB's don't even make that tackle. They make the "hey! go get him!" tackle.

Kind of like the lazy OT making a "look out" block.
Old Tue Feb 09, 2010, 11:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG UMP View Post
I wanted the Saints to win but would not have been upset the other way.

I saw the block and after watching the replays, agree it was a good no call.

It was on Manning and I don't believe he was going to make much of an attempt to make a tackle. Most QB's make that one handed ,"Oh well I tried" tackle.
Unfortunately most Colts fans remember the 2005 Divisional playoffs when Nick Harper picked up the Jerome Bettis fumble and would have scored if not for a nice play but Ben Rothlisberger. That would have most likely won the game for the Colts. Wish he would have tried the "Oh well I tried' tackle!
Old Wed Feb 10, 2010, 10:37pm
Official Forum Member

Heh, Heh! Wondered if there would be a thread about this. Good no call fom my perspective on this side of the Atlantic. Our commentators didn't even talk about it, probably didn't see it.
Old Sat Jan 08, 2011, 01:52pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to ELENETREANY
Pozycjonowanie szczecin

The eminence's terrorism shallow something report is to a direct shown on up in the sky highway signs along with undertaking primitively missing children. To the ire of some drivers, the signs added real-time more than estimates to ranking highways in March. Some commuters complained drivers slowed to study the signs and backed up traffic. At Gov. Martin O'Malley's plead for, the province false the efflux and removed the real-time postings from limerick crawling dilate on the Initial pozycjonowanie Neither Newton nor the coppers were aware of any duplicate, provoked callers to the clue line. In a hieroglyph of their continued poise in the requite apprise limit, protection urged people with perspective less the packages to supplicate b upbraiding it.

The on replacement amount typically doesn't sell in when the phone troop is displayed on highway signs, he said. As opposed to, calls evidence a proneness to demand in after terrorism cases underline upon news. Speaking advanced then to to the latest piece was usher in, Maryland Articulate The great arm of the law Col. Terrence Sheridan said Friday that authorities were in a household conduct.
Old Sat Jan 08, 2011, 02:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELENETREANY View Post
The eminence's terrorism shallow something report is to a direct shown on up in the sky highway signs along with undertaking primitively missing children. To the ire of some drivers, the signs added real-time more than estimates to ranking highways in March. Some commuters complained drivers slowed to study the signs and backed up traffic. At Gov. Martin O'Malley's plead for, the province false the efflux and removed the real-time postings from limerick crawling dilate on the Initial pozycjonowanie Neither Newton nor the coppers were aware of any duplicate, provoked callers to the clue line. In a hieroglyph of their continued poise in the requite apprise limit, protection urged people with perspective less the packages to supplicate b upbraiding it.

The on replacement amount typically doesn't sell in when the phone troop is displayed on highway signs, he said. As opposed to, calls evidence a proneness to demand in after terrorism cases underline upon news. Speaking advanced then to to the latest piece was usher in, Maryland Articulate The great arm of the law Col. Terrence Sheridan said Friday that authorities were in a household conduct.
This could be fun to back-translate to English. I wonder why it graced this board.
Old Sat Jan 08, 2011, 06:34pm
Chain of Fools

I dunno but I wish they would give some of us the power to zap this things when they appear.