The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Football (https://forum.officiating.com/football/)
-   -   Black Pants (https://forum.officiating.com/football/55928-black-pants.html)

Larry0405 Tue Dec 15, 2009 07:57pm

Black Pants

Am wondering if New Jersey is the only state where we wear the black NFL style pants with the white stripe in inclement or cold weather?

BktBallRef Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:59pm

In the NC 4AA State Championship played last Saturday night, the crew was allowed to wear them. We're hoping that will be a sign of things to come.

Welpe Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:07am

Evidently they are approved in Texas though I haven't seen them first hand.

JRutledge Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:30am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry0405 (Post 642816)
Am wondering if New Jersey is the only state where we wear the black NFL style pants with the white stripe in inclement or cold weather?

Nope. We were allowed to wear them in Illinois. My crew had those most of the season as most of the games in the season it was either cold or raining before and during many games. We loved them and there were a couple of crews that wore them for the State Finals. We would have probably done the same if they were allowed a year earlier.

Peace

ump33 Wed Dec 16, 2009 07:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 642842)
In the NC 4AA State Championship played last Saturday night, the crew was allowed to wear them. We're hoping that will be a sign of things to come.

It is my understanding that an in-state officials supply company donated the pants for use in the only live televised championship game in NC. Generosity or marketing?

As for the crew ... it was not the pants that made them look good. I watched the game and I thought they did a very good job. Their mechanics and hustle were solid and continuous the entire game. Congratulations to the North State Crew from a Metrolina ref.

mbyron Wed Dec 16, 2009 07:23am

I have heard that Ohio will be allowing them next season.

Sonofanump Wed Dec 16, 2009 08:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbyron (Post 642914)
I have heard that Ohio will be allowing them next season.

I can confirm that.

mbyron Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonofanump (Post 642923)
I can confirm that.

I don't think so. You don't know what I've heard.
:D

Sonofanump Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbyron (Post 642969)
I don't think so. You don't know what I've heard.
:D

I have heard second hand that both HZ and PK have said yes.
I have other "knowing" sources that do not work in Cbus that are already ordering them.

stevegarbs Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 642853)
Nope. We were allowed to wear them in Illinois. My crew had those most of the season as most of the games in the season it was either cold or raining before and during many games. We loved them and there were a couple of crews that wore them for the State Finals. We would have probably done the same if they were allowed a year earlier.

Peace

Actually, Rut, 4 of the 8 Illinois finals crews went with the black pants. I was so hoping for a majority vote so I could convince the hold outs on our crew to get them for next season!:cool:

johnSandlin Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:38pm

We can wear them in Michigan.

DeepWing55 Wed Dec 16, 2009 03:05pm

PA has approved them as well. These pants are a joke when guys wear them in this area of the country. Seriously, we have guys wearing them on 50 degree nights. And personally I don't think they look as tailored as the white knickers. Our crew worked the last weekend of November and the temps at nighttime were in the low 40s. Again, not cold enough to wear those pants.

BktBallRef Wed Dec 16, 2009 04:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ump33 (Post 642912)
It is my understanding that an in-state officials supply company donated the pants for use in the only live televised championship game in NC. Generosity or marketing?

As for the crew ... it was not the pants that made them look good. I watched the game and I thought they did a very good job. Their mechanics and hustle were solid and continuous the entire game. Congratulations to the North State Crew from a Metrolina ref.

Honigs in Raleigh had the pants on hand. I forget how Conner told me they ended up with them. Most of the booking agents were not in favor of them when they were last discussed, because of the cost issue. But i think each of us should be allowed to make that decision, not the booking agents. Mark is in favor of them and he made the decision to use them in the 4AA game. That came directly from Mark when we talked at the basketball state clinic. He's still pushing them.

As for the crew, I thought they were ok. The BJ allowed the receivers to get behind him twice. I thought the headset issue could have been handled better and the clock situation was definitely screwed up at the end of the 2nd qtr.

Rich Wed Dec 16, 2009 05:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepWing55 (Post 643099)
PA has approved them as well. These pants are a joke when guys wear them in this area of the country. Seriously, we have guys wearing them on 50 degree nights. And personally I don't think they look as tailored as the white knickers. Our crew worked the last weekend of November and the temps at nighttime were in the low 40s. Again, not cold enough to wear those pants.

Who gets to decide if it's "not cold enough?"

If these are approved, I may never wear my knickers with long sleeves again.

JRutledge Wed Dec 16, 2009 08:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepWing55 (Post 643099)
Our crew worked the last weekend of November and the temps at nighttime were in the low 40s. Again, not cold enough to wear those pants.

Unless your state dictates this too, the pants are mainly designed for bad weather conditions. If it rains, the pants keep you dry. And if you have muddy conditions on the field, you do not look like you have mud all over your white pants. We had about 2 or 3 games this year where it rained almost the entire game and I did not get wet at all on my legs underneath the pants like I would with normal knickers.

Peace

Rich Wed Dec 16, 2009 09:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 643218)
Unless your state dictates this too, the pants are mainly designed for bad weather conditions. If it rains, the pants keep you dry. And if you have muddy conditions on the field, you do not look like you have mud all over your white pants. We had about 2 or 3 games this year where it rained almost the entire game and I did not get wet at all on my legs underneath the pants like I would with normal knickers.

Peace

And unless the state dictates where and when they can be worn, crews could theoretically retire their knickers entirely. Don't know how warm the pants would be in early September, though.

JRutledge Wed Dec 16, 2009 09:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 643256)
And unless the state dictates where and when they can be worn, crews could theoretically retire their knickers entirely. Don't know how warm the pants would be in early September, though.

Of course.

We were told they were for cold and bad weather. In other words, if we are wearing long sleeves, we are wearing these pants likely. But we have not been told when or how to wear them specifically and this is a crew decision. I guess we could wear them in September, but we have not been put in that position yet. Stay tuned. :D

Peace

Texas Aggie Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:50pm

They were approved in Texas. We've had crews wear them throughout the playoffs, mostly. I'm sure some of these crews wore them late in the season -- like JR's, its been VERY wet down here this year -- its just those games weren't in our area so I don't know for sure.

Supposedly, we are supposed to wear them only with the long sleeves. I can assure you that if I have another rainy or muddy game next year, we will wear them and we'll pick the shirt independently. Considering the other mechanics that are often ignored, this one can't rank very high.

JRutledge Thu Dec 17, 2009 01:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Aggie (Post 643293)
They were approved in Texas. We've had crews wear them throughout the playoffs, mostly. I'm sure some of these crews wore them late in the season -- like JR's, its been VERY wet down here this year -- its just those games weren't in our area so I don't know for sure.

We wore them all three rounds of the playoffs and about the last 4 or 5 weeks of the regular season (9 week season).

Peace

FTVMartin Thu Dec 17, 2009 08:59am

We wore them the last 3 weeks. They are great in the rain and wind. I saw one crew wear them with short sleeves and didn't care for the look.

JugglingReferee Thu Dec 17, 2009 05:56pm

Quote:

My local association is wearing them for next year HS season. I like the pants a lot, but the cost in Canada is outrageous: the price here is more than double than found in the US. Guess who's contributing to the US economy next year?

Gaiters97 Tue Dec 22, 2009 09:43am

Us guys in the UK want them too. We go all year round and can expect to do games on muddy rugby fields from November thru to April which can be 18 games, excluding double-headers and Saturdays.
It's not so much the cold but keeping them looking clean and good and white is the most impractical colour when you think about it.
I hate to admit it but the soccer refs (all black) in this country have got it right! Those guys can do 3 games in a weekend.

tjones1 Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 643218)

Peace

Plus, I'll bet when they do get mud on them they are a lot easier to clean!

I was averaging three washes for my knickers after Friday night. Invested in some Oxi-Clean and that certainly helped.

JRutledge Tue Dec 22, 2009 01:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjones1 (Post 644816)
Plus, I'll bet when they do get mud on them they are a lot easier to clean!

I was averaging three washes for my knickers after Friday night. Invested in some Oxi-Clean and that certainly helped.

If you soak your knickers you will not have to wash them that many times with the OxyClean. Then again, with the black pants you do not have to worry about that anymore. :D

Peace

DeepWing55 Wed Jan 06, 2010 02:54pm

Bad weather pants?

Why did the officials wear the black pants for the Raider/Ravens game (in Oakland) this past weekend? The weather was sunny and 75 degrees. It looked silly!!!

JRutledge Wed Jan 06, 2010 04:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepWing55 (Post 648845)
Why did the officials wear the black pants for the Raider/Ravens game (in Oakland) this past weekend? The weather was sunny and 75 degrees. It looked silly!!!

Didn't they wear long sleeves?

I think that might have been the reason.

Peace

Welpe Wed Jan 06, 2010 04:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepWing55 (Post 648845)

Where did you hear it was 75 degrees? The recorded temperature at kick off was around 53 degrees.

HLin NC Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:39pm

They were wearing long sleeves but most of the crew I saw had pushed the sleeves up their arm a bit. Must have gotten warmer than they expected.

FredFan7 Tue Jan 12, 2010 02:16pm

My guess is that they like the black pants so much that they'll sacrifice being a little toasty with the long sleeves in exchange for the comfort of the black pants.

IceGator8 Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:59pm

I didn't get to watch much NFL this year but last year I saw the pants worn in a dome with short sleeves.

Frankly if the pants are more comfortable (which they are for anyone with big legs or a larger build) you ought to be able to wear them in any weather. I look forward to retiring my knickers because for me.....knickers suck.

Rich Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:20am

For those of you in Wisconsin:

"The only request brought forth from the Officials Advisory Committee received acceptance from the Board, allowing football officials crews to wear approved black, cold-weather pants for all levels of competition, provided the pants are adopted by the NFHS."

I'm not exactly sure what "adopted by the NFHS" means, but it seems promising for next season. Maybe.

parepat Tue Feb 02, 2010 02:42pm

I feel like I should stick up for knickers. I was trying to figure out why I like them and I came up with this. The material of the knickers is similar to that of a pair of football pants. So, when I'm putting them on, there is a feeling like I am truly preparing for a football game. I know that sounds odd, but for this reason, I hope they never get ready of knickers.

Ed Hickland Tue Feb 02, 2010 09:17pm

The black pants in football take some getting used to but they give a better appearance than shorts.

If New York were to approve them (that will probably occur in the next millenium) I would wear them for games where the weather is cold, especially, if it is rainy and cold. The problem with knickers in cold and wet conditions is they are so tight that when they get wet you get wet. The black pants allow you to wear a layer underneath to protect you from the cold and the rain.

Niner Fri Feb 05, 2010 03:03pm

Just my opinion, but the black pants made most of the crews in the Illinois televised playoffs games look more overweight than they were. It was originally stated that they would have a slenderizing affect---not so in my view. I have Honig's and I wish that they had a two inch stripe rather than a one inch strip.

I found the Honig's to be very warm in cold weather but too warm to wear in warm or hot weather---my crew never wears shorts.

mikesears Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niner (Post 658917)
Just my opinion, but the black pants made most of the crews in the Illinois televised playoffs games look more overweight than they were. It was originally stated that they would have a slenderizing affect---not so in my view. I have Honig's and I wish that they had a two inch stripe rather than a one inch strip.

I found the Honig's to be very warm in cold weather but too warm to wear in warm or hot weather---my crew never wears shorts.

I dont' think the black pants did anything negative or positive for the officials. Knickers would have shown the same thing as far as weight issues.

My crew wore the black pants from week 3 in 2009 and we don't plan on going back to white knickers unless someone subs on our crew without the black pants.

johnnyg08 Tue Feb 09, 2010 07:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by parepat (Post 657843)
I feel like I should stick up for knickers. I was trying to figure out why I like them and I came up with this. The material of the knickers is similar to that of a pair of football pants. So, when I'm putting them on, there is a feeling like I am truly preparing for a football game. I know that sounds odd, but for this reason, I hope they never get ready of knickers.

While I respect your opinion on "preparing for a football game" wouldn't you compare it to an umpire taking out the balloon chest protector and sticking with it because it helps him feel like he's getting ready to umpire a game when they now have something much better for umpiring. I don't think the knickers will go away...but why not use the foul weather pants for foul weather?

Texas Aggie Tue Feb 09, 2010 09:20pm

Quote:

The material of the knickers is similar to that of a pair of football pants.
The material for the Honigs black pants is the same as the material for their super knickers. At least, it was in 2006 when they made them for the NFL guys and I was told recently it was the same.

GoodwillRef Mon Feb 15, 2010 01:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 643158)

I am going to wear them if it rains also...even if it is 75 degrees outside.

GoodwillRef Mon Feb 15, 2010 01:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 656200)
For those of you in Wisconsin:

"The only request brought forth from the Officials Advisory Committee received acceptance from the Board, allowing football officials crews to wear approved black, cold-weather pants for all levels of competition, provided the pants are adopted by the NFHS."

I'm not exactly sure what "adopted by the NFHS" means, but it seems promising for next season. Maybe.

Just got approved this morning...we can wear them this fall!!!

Canned Heat Mon Feb 15, 2010 07:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 643158)

Take it for what it's worth, and I don't know how inclement the weather is where the rest of you work, but every crew that I've talked to in WI has echoed the same sentiments as Rich regarding the white knickers. I've said it all along...why football officials wear white pants when almost every other sport wears dark pants is beyond me...even indoor sports. I know it's a visual thing and traditional to a degree, but I doubt that you'll get any arguments in saying that a good crew with alot of hustle will leave any game they do in soiled white knickers. I did the youth state championship game last year on the new "field turf" and left with stains on my whities. Add to that, the socks (and yes, stirrups) issue is now a moot point, as well. Black socks are the norm to go with the black pants get-up, from what I've been told.

Like 'em or hate 'em....they're here to stay. I'm curious "GoodwillRef"...was this the final vote that you heard about today, or just delayed news...? My WIAA bulletin from over a week ago mentioned the approval of the blackies. Just wondering if there was still some doubt as of this morning.

I've looked at both and can tell you that the Gerry Davis pants are slightly superior to the Honig's...IMO (sorry, Dick)

http://www.gerrydavis.com/mm5/catego.../F08PF12827200

http://www.honigs.com/sub/32/P27

Rich Tue Feb 16, 2010 05:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canned Heat (Post 662054)
Take it for what it's worth, and I don't know how inclement the weather is where the rest of you work, but every crew that I've talked to in WI has echoed the same sentiments as Rich regarding the white knickers. I've said it all along...why football officials wear white pants when almost every other sport wears dark pants is beyond me...even indoor sports. I know it's a visual thing and traditional to a degree, but I doubt that you'll get any arguments in saying that a good crew with alot of hustle will leave any game they do in soiled white knickers. I did the youth state championship game last year on the new "field turf" and left with stains on my whities. Add to that, the socks (and yes, stirrups) issue is now a moot point, as well. Black socks are the norm to go with the black pants get-up, from what I've been told.

Like 'em or hate 'em....they're here to stay. I'm curious "GoodwillRef"...was this the final vote that you heard about today, or just delayed news...? My WIAA bulletin from over a week ago mentioned the approval of the blackies. Just wondering if there was still some doubt as of this morning.

I've looked at both and can tell you that the Gerry Davis pants are slightly superior to the Honig's...IMO (sorry, Dick)

Gerry Davis Sports: Davis Black Football Pants

Honig's Whistle Stop - P27 -Honig's Foul Weather Alternate Football Pants-

The last hurdle was the NFHS approving them as a uniform option. That's now done.

Depending on how hot these are, I may try them with short sleeves unless I'm told otherwise. I *despise* knickers. And my crew does not wear shorts, ever.

JRutledge Wed Feb 17, 2010 01:25am

Quote:

Not even close. At least not if you are looking at pictures. The Honigs brand have a better belt area and are much more fabric on them. I have to disagree having seen both pair up close and wearing the Honigs all year.

Peace

GoodwillRef Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:55pm

Quote:

The following recommendation from our meeting on December 2, 2009 has gone before the WIAA Executive Staff, Sports Advisory Committee, Advisory Council and Board of Control. Action taken is noted after the recommendation.

Football officials would be allowed to wear approved black with white stripe cold weather pants for all levels of competition instead of the white knickers. All members of the crew would need to be dressed the same.

Sports Advisory = Yes 13-0
Executive Staff = Yes * amending recommendation to say if approved by NFHS Advisory Council = Yes 17-0 with staff¹s amendment Board of Control = Yes 10-0 with staff¹s amendment

The NFHS football rules writing committee has approved allowing the use of all-weather pants and this will now be included in football rules books.

johnnyg08 Thu May 13, 2010 09:32pm

Approved for 2010 in Minnesota...the only conditions is that the entire crew must match with the approved black pants from Gerry Davis sports. No weather requirement. I am excited about this change.

Texas Aggie Fri May 14, 2010 12:43pm

In Minnesota, do you guys wear long sleeves and gloves in scrimmages?:)

Rich Sat May 15, 2010 02:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyg08 (Post 676811)
Approved for 2010 in Minnesota...the only conditions is that the entire crew must match with the approved black pants from Gerry Davis sports. No weather requirement. I am excited about this change.

I'm guessing MN is yet another state that got a kickback for this little arrangement with GDS. What would happen if a crew wore Honig's or Smitty pants? And who would notice?

JRutledge Tue May 18, 2010 02:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 676960)
I'm guessing MN is yet another state that got a kickback for this little arrangement with GDS. What would happen if a crew wore Honig's or Smitty pants? And who would notice?

Our state has gone with Gerry Davis too, but we do not have to wear their stuff. BTW, the Honigs pants are the best quality by far.

Peace

HLin NC Tue May 18, 2010 09:25pm

Honig's is the "official" supplier for N.C. but I went ahead and ordered a pair from Honig's and GDS as neither had stock at the time in March.

I rec'd an e-mail confirmation from GDS this morning that the pair I ordered from them is en route via UPS.

johnnyg08 Thu May 27, 2010 06:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 676960)

You are correct and the state association also disclosed the partnership. In our state, they're very close to also taking over the section assignments so if a crew wants section and state tournament games they should probably get the GD pants.

tjones1 Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 662421)
Not even close. At least not if you are looking at pictures. The Honigs brand have a better belt area and are much more fabric on them. I have to disagree having seen both pair up close and wearing the Honigs all year.

Peace

Taking your word on them. :)

Placed my order with Honig's after doing a little research and reading several comments. Looking foward to getting them and trying them out this year.

JRutledge Fri Jun 04, 2010 01:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjones1 (Post 679856)
Taking your word on them. :)

Placed my order with Honig's after doing a little research and reading several comments. Looking foward to getting them and trying them out this year.

My crew worked with a guy that had the GD pants, while all of us had the Honigs brand. The Honigs brand at least looked sharper in my opinion.

Peace

tjones1 Wed Jun 09, 2010 01:21pm

For those with the Honig's pants:

Did you sharpie out their white "H" logo on the back-center belt loop or it is not that noticeable?

JRutledge Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjones1 (Post 681042)
For those with the Honig's pants:

Did you sharpie out their white "H" logo on the back-center belt loop or it is not that noticeable?

Not at all. Why would you do that? No one notices that logo or has said a word about it. Remember they have a big white stripe down the side of the pants. ;)

Peace

sbll1616 Tue Jun 22, 2010 07:43pm

Just approved here in the great state of Ohio. To be worn with long sleeve shirts only. Not told to use a specific manufacturer. I ordered from Honigs.

tjones1 Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 681268)
Not at all. Why would you do that? No one notices that logo or has said a word about it. Remember they have a big white stripe down the side of the pants. ;)

Peace

Oh yeah... duh! Ha Ha :D

IAUMP Wed Jun 23, 2010 07:12am

Black pants in Iowa

For any Iowa officials out there. I received an email from Todd Tharp that stated Iowa has approved the black pants. Criteria and guidelines for when to wear them will be given at the rules meetings.

VA-Blu Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:24am

Allowed here in VA by VHSL and only with the long sleeve shirt.

Many associations are still asking there members if they desire to wear them.

Here is to a kickoff coming your way soon.

VA

johnnyg08 Wed Jun 23, 2010 03:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VA-Blu (Post 682991)
Allowed here in VA by VHSL and only with the long sleeve shirt.

Many associations are still asking there members if they desire to wear them.

Here is to a kickoff coming your way soon.

VA

Tell the associations to okay it and then the guys can decide what they want to do.

Theisey Wed Jun 23, 2010 06:56pm

NY approved the wearing of the black pants (and black shorts (icky!)) without any regard to a specific supplier.

Further details will be made public at the state interpreters meeting to be held in a couple weeks.

sbll1616 Wed Jun 23, 2010 07:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theisey (Post 683077)
NY approved the wearing of the black pants (and black shorts (icky!)) without any regard to a specific supplier.

Further details will be made public at the state interpreters meeting to be held in a couple weeks.

Black shorts will be mandatory in ohio starting in 2011. Lower level games only of course.

JRutledge Mon Jun 28, 2010 03:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbll1616 (Post 683078)
Black shorts will be mandatory in ohio starting in 2011. Lower level games only of course.

Does that mean you cannot wear knickers? :D

Peace

sbll1616 Mon Jun 28, 2010 06:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 683618)
Does that mean you cannot wear knickers? :D

Peace

Sure you can wear knickers for lower level. But you cannot wear shorts for varsity games in Ohio.

GoodwillRef Tue Jun 29, 2010 01:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbll1616 (Post 683632)
Sure you can wear knickers for lower level. But you cannot wear shorts for varsity games in Ohio.

You shouldn't be allowed to wear shorts for varsity games anywhere...period. It looks like crapola!

JRutledge Tue Jun 29, 2010 03:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodwillRef (Post 683810)
You shouldn't be allowed to wear shorts for varsity games anywhere...period. It looks like crapola!

I agree. Which is why our crew never wears them even thought they are an option. You do not see anyone at the college and pro levels wearing them, you will not see me wearing them. I will not buy them.

Peace

Texas Aggie Fri Jul 02, 2010 09:53pm

I don't have a problem with them for subvarsity, especially jr. high and early in the season. I've been on fields in mid-september where I swear its been 120 degrees.

BIG UMP Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:59pm

Tennessee approves Black "Skunk" pants

Tennessee sent out a message that the black pants will be allowed for regular season and play-off games but will not be allowed in the State Championship games.

Normal stipulations, all on the crew must wear the pants, etc.

Do other states have a uniform supplier travel with the state reps to their state meetings and also highly recommend using them.

JRutledge Tue Jul 06, 2010 04:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG UMP (Post 684618)
Tennessee sent out a message that the black pants will be allowed for regular season and play-off games but will not be allowed in the State Championship games.

Normal stipulations, all on the crew must wear the pants, etc.

Do other states have a uniform supplier travel with the state reps to their state meetings and also highly recommend using them.

I do not know what you mean by travel to state meetings. But there is a company that is the officials supplier for state gear. They can sell certain merchandise that others cannot, but we are not required to use them.

Peace

HLin NC Tue Jul 06, 2010 08:28pm

Honig's is supposed to appear at the traveling state clinics in NC. A Charlotte area rep used to travel but got ousted several years ago when the state and Honig's got chummy.

Word from the Supervisor is we must wear the authorized Honig's pant. As we are switching to black shorts locally, the local assignor has indicated we must purchase their short also.

toddskaggs Tue Jul 06, 2010 09:25pm

Quote:

Kentucky has approved the pants for use however Julian Tackett, KHSAA Commissioner; has left it to each individual association to approve. If the association adopts, they can only be worn with long sleeve shirts. My association (KFOA in Louisville) has elected to wait on approving them this year.

Rich Wed Jul 07, 2010 03:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodwillRef (Post 683810)

Agreed. Never have and never will. At least while I'm the crew chief.

GoodwillRef Wed Jul 07, 2010 06:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddskaggs (Post 684672)
Kentucky has approved the pants for use however Julian Tackett, KHSAA Commissioner; has left it to each individual association to approve. If the association adopts, they can only be worn with long sleeve shirts. My association (KFOA in Louisville) has elected to wait on approving them this year.

I totally disagree with the long sleeve shirt part, if it is Aug or Sept and it is raining out but still quite warm I would wear the black pants but not a long sleeve shirt. We are so many people afraid of change. They should let us wear the black pants whenever we want with whatever we want.

JRutledge Wed Jul 07, 2010 01:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodwillRef (Post 684704)
I totally disagree with the long sleeve shirt part, if it is Aug or Sept and it is raining out but still quite warm I would wear the black pants but not a long sleeve shirt. We are so many people afraid of change. They should let us wear the black pants whenever we want with whatever we want.

I personally do not like the look for short sleeves with the pants. I saw a crew do this last year and it looked awkward. I would stick with the long sleeves or not wear the pants. Then again this is only an issue for about 2 or 3 weeks around here at most.

Peace

spartan11 Wed Jul 07, 2010 03:11pm

Black Pants

Michigan used black pants last year.

golfnref Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:05am

Honigs and Gerry Davis black pants have been discussed quite a bit. Anyone have any experience with Purchase Officials or Get Official pants?

johnnyg08 Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:33pm

We're getting close to the time of year where we should be getting these pants that we preordered this past winter.

Hopefully they arrive so we can get the lengths adjusted before the season

mbyron Wed Jul 14, 2010 06:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfnref (Post 685362)
Honigs and Gerry Davis black pants have been discussed quite a bit. Anyone have any experience with Purchase Officials or Get Official pants?

Just got my Purchase Officials black pants today. I'm going to have them hemmed, and I'll let you know.

sbll1616 Fri Jul 16, 2010 07:40pm

Got my Honigs black pants today. Nice, very nice.

tjones1 Sun Jul 18, 2010 02:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbll1616 (Post 685740)
Got my Honigs black pants today. Nice, very nice.

sbll,

When did you pre-order your pants?

HLin NC Sun Jul 18, 2010 02:57pm

I ordered mine back in April. The mid-Atlantic office (Raleigh) called me Friday and told me they were in. Our state clinic is next week so they are going to deliver them to me there.

sbll1616 Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjones1 (Post 685841)
sbll,

When did you pre-order your pants?

March or April, sometime around there.

tjones1 Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:22pm

Thanks. I called and mine are shipping out today.

Turns out, it's a good thing I called. I forgot I had this order on a card that I left at a steak house while I was on vacation.

They have to ship out of Flordia so I should get them on Wednesday/Thursday.

jemiller Thu Jul 22, 2010 04:28pm

In South Dakota it is allowed if everyone has them. The ones that they had available seemed to be of poor quality and so we didn't get the. Maybe this year. I am open to a recommendation of brands! Jim