The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Football (https://forum.officiating.com/football/)
-   -   College replay rules/ requirements (https://forum.officiating.com/football/55681-college-replay-rules-requirements.html)

mikesears Mon Dec 07, 2009 08:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by chas (Post 639951)
Does replay guy have some sort of parameter he has to follow to overturn call on field? Are replay guys officials?

To answer these two questions.

1. Yes. A replay official must have indisputable video evidence to overturn a call on the field.

2. Replay officials are most often retired field officials. One man from my area is a replay official after spending a number of years as a Big Ten referee.

The replay rules are contained within the NCAA rulebook which anyone can download in PDF format at no cost.

ajmc Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaybird (Post 640097)
I never said or even thought about whether it mattered to you or not, but apparently it did carry some weight as you obviously considered it important enough to respond to. Either it mattered to you or it struck a nerve, prompting a guilty conscience to submit a weak rebuttal.

Jaybird, I've chosen to ignore basketloads of your really stupid comments, much Like I usually ignore a real dopey jerk on the sideline who keeps repeating stupid things trying to make himself sound smart or important.

Every now and then, I wonder, "Maybe this fool is actually so dense he really doesn't understand just how stupid he sounds, so I'll give him a break and try and educate him." Sadly, doing so doesn't often turn any lights on for these type fools, because REALLY stupid runs deep, but at least I tried.

Patton Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by HLin NC (Post 640182)
My question, just from the clip I saw was, wouldn't he have been downfield before the pass crossed the LOS?

NC, here's the NCAA rule regarding ineligibles downfield...it just changed this year:

Ineligible Receiver Downfield
ARTICLE 10. No originally ineligible receiver shall be or have been more than three yards beyond the neutral zone until a legal forward pass that crosses the neutral zone has been thrown (A.R. 7-3-10-I and II).
PENALTY—Five yards from the previous spot [S37].

jaybird Mon Dec 07, 2009 03:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmc (Post 640287)
Jaybird, I've chosen to ignore basketloads of your really stupid comments, much Like I usually ignore a real dopey jerk on the sideline who keeps repeating stupid things trying to make himself sound smart or important.

:rolleyes:Obviously you haven't chosen to ignore my comments because they always prompt a response, each less intelligent than the previous. The only time I have noticed when you ignore something is when it is a rule or case reference that would clear up your misguided notions.

Quote:

Every now and then, I wonder, "Maybe this fool is actually so dense he really doesn't understand just how stupid he sounds, so I'll give him a break and try and educate him." Sadly, doing so doesn't often turn any lights on for these type fools, because REALLY stupid runs deep, but at least I tried.
Apparently you are still looking in the mirror! You really should not belittle yourself in this manner, no matter how accurate it is, because it can't be healthy.:D

waltjp Mon Dec 07, 2009 03:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmc (Post 640067)
Why, on earth, would you imagine your impression mattered to me, about anything?

I dunno. Maybe because you respond every time.

Welpe Mon Dec 07, 2009 03:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by waltjp (Post 640412)
I dunno. Maybe because you respond every time.

It's almost Pavlovian.

waltjp Mon Dec 07, 2009 03:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 640415)
It's almost Pavlovian.

Ding. Ding. Ding.