Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Sep 29, 2009, 12:29am
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisonlj View Post
Returning to the ground implies that they left the ground in the first place. Neither player was airborne when the ball was caught. My opinion was simultaneous catch.
I agree, simultaneous catch in my opinion. We'll never know the results of the review by the director of officiating for the BigTen, but I am sure that it will be part of a training video.
Old Tue Sep 29, 2009, 07:56am
Ref Ump Welsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron View Post
Isn't this the state pastime, or motto, or something like that?
On a football Saturday in Lincoln, yes it is! LOL. Last Saturday was more of a joyous occasion, as the Huskers were celebrating their 300th consecutive sellout, so more of us were doing more harming than usual.

As for the OP, I talked with a couple locals who work at the college level. They still are confused by watching all the replays on this catch at how the original call was made. They've even gone back in their books, looking at the rules and case plays, etc. Hopefully one of them will enlighten me sometimes later this week.
Old Tue Sep 29, 2009, 10:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref Ump Welsch View Post
On a football Saturday in Lincoln, yes it is! LOL. Last Saturday was more of a joyous occasion, as the Huskers were celebrating their 300th consecutive sellout, so more of us were doing more harming than usual.
I heard that when the stadium is full it becomes the 3rd largest population center in Nebraska, surpassing Bellevue. True?
Old Tue Sep 29, 2009, 11:53am
Ref Ump Welsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron View Post
I heard that when the stadium is full it becomes the 3rd largest population center in Nebraska, surpassing Bellevue. True?
Yup, true. Matter of fact, the other night, there was enough people in the place that not only would it have been the 3rd largest population center in Nebraska, but the number would have almost equaled the populations of Bellevue and Grand Island (the 4th largest city) combined.