The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Football (https://forum.officiating.com/football/)
-   -   Youth Football Equipment (https://forum.officiating.com/football/54744-youth-football-equipment.html)

commish34 Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:01pm

Youth Football Equipment

I'm the FB Commish of a local youth league with kids ranging from 8-12 years old. We are purchasing all new equipment and need to move out some old. We have a bunch of practice white and game gray/dazzle snap pants for the 8-9 year olds. We have some old shoulder pads and some Schutt, Bike and Riddell youth foam helmets. Everything is actually in decent condition. Does anyone know where we can find a good home? We'd like to get a little money out of it to help fund some All-Star uniforms and trips but if we end up giving it away to someone who really needs it, we'll gladly do so.

jjrye22 Thu Sep 24, 2009 03:37am

In Europe all the players have to buy their own equipment, and I know a lot of teams would be able to get more people interested if they could cut out (or reduce) that cost.
In Germany though they don't play contact football until the kids are 13-14.
I'm fairly sure that Switzerland has contact football from 8 years. They might be willing to give you something and distribute the equipment to their teams.
I'll send them an email, but maybe you would like to contact them directly
info - at - safv.ch

mbyron Thu Sep 24, 2009 06:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by commish34 (Post 626917)
I'm the FB Commish of a local youth league with kids ranging from 8-12 years old. We are purchasing all new equipment and need to move out some old. We have a bunch of practice white and game gray/dazzle snap pants for the 8-9 year olds. We have some old shoulder pads and some Schutt, Bike and Riddell youth foam helmets. Everything is actually in decent condition. Does anyone know where we can find a good home? We'd like to get a little money out of it to help fund some All-Star uniforms and trips but if we end up giving it away to someone who really needs it, we'll gladly do so.

What do you think eBay was invented for? ;)

Robert Goodman Thu Sep 24, 2009 01:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by commish34 (Post 626917)

Ask at a coaching site, such as Delphi's single wing forum or Coach Huey's. They have sections for buy/sell/trade/give away.