The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Sep 23, 2009, 10:01pm
Official Forum Member

Youth Football Equipment

I'm the FB Commish of a local youth league with kids ranging from 8-12 years old. We are purchasing all new equipment and need to move out some old. We have a bunch of practice white and game gray/dazzle snap pants for the 8-9 year olds. We have some old shoulder pads and some Schutt, Bike and Riddell youth foam helmets. Everything is actually in decent condition. Does anyone know where we can find a good home? We'd like to get a little money out of it to help fund some All-Star uniforms and trips but if we end up giving it away to someone who really needs it, we'll gladly do so.
Old Thu Sep 24, 2009, 03:37am
Official Forum Member

In Europe all the players have to buy their own equipment, and I know a lot of teams would be able to get more people interested if they could cut out (or reduce) that cost.
In Germany though they don't play contact football until the kids are 13-14.
I'm fairly sure that Switzerland has contact football from 8 years. They might be willing to give you something and distribute the equipment to their teams.
I'll send them an email, but maybe you would like to contact them directly
info - at - safv.ch
Old Thu Sep 24, 2009, 06:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by commish34 View Post
I'm the FB Commish of a local youth league with kids ranging from 8-12 years old. We are purchasing all new equipment and need to move out some old. We have a bunch of practice white and game gray/dazzle snap pants for the 8-9 year olds. We have some old shoulder pads and some Schutt, Bike and Riddell youth foam helmets. Everything is actually in decent condition. Does anyone know where we can find a good home? We'd like to get a little money out of it to help fund some All-Star uniforms and trips but if we end up giving it away to someone who really needs it, we'll gladly do so.
What do you think eBay was invented for?
Old Thu Sep 24, 2009, 01:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by commish34 View Post
Ask at a coaching site, such as Delphi's single wing forum or Coach Huey's. They have sections for buy/sell/trade/give away.