The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Sep 06, 2009, 09:19pm
Official Forum Member

Rutlan, VT

Just curious...driving through Rutland, VT, today (Sunday, 6th of September) and I saw a football game taking place. Anyone know? Was it high school? What? Do they play high school games on Sundays here? I am from the west, Utah, and we don't do it there? Thanks for the input....

Last edited by Bishopcolle; Sun Sep 06, 2009 at 09:20pm. Reason: Tried to edit my HEADING (change Rutlan to Rutland, but no luck..sorry
Old Sun Sep 06, 2009, 10:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishopcolle View Post
Just curious...driving through Rutland, VT, today (Sunday, 6th of September) and I saw a football game taking place. Anyone know? Was it high school? What? Do they play high school games on Sundays here? I am from the west, Utah, and we don't do it there? Thanks for the input....
A lot of schools back east here play JV on Sundays.
Old Sun Sep 06, 2009, 10:34pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to umpirebob71
It may have been midget football or Pop Warner, whatever you want to call it.
Old Sun Sep 06, 2009, 10:58pm
Official Forum Member

A lot of adult minor league and college club games are played on Sundays, and yeshivas would play on Sundays. Maybe lightweight.

Last edited by Robert Goodman; Sun Sep 06, 2009 at 11:00pm.
Old Mon Sep 07, 2009, 05:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpirebob71 View Post
It may have been midget football or Pop Warner, whatever you want to call it.
Thanks for the responses....these were VERY big guys...at least high school, but maybe some adult league....definitely not midget....thanks, again
Old Mon Sep 07, 2009, 10:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishopcolle View Post
Thanks for the responses....these were VERY big guys...at least high school, but maybe some adult league....definitely not midget....thanks, again
All I had to do was Google on the intersection of "Rutland" and "football club" and after scrolling thru some hits from the UK, I found the Vermont Rampage, a club in the New England Football League. I couldn't find a schedule page for the Rampage, nor a direct link labeled as to a league schedule, though if you're curious enough you could probably find out their opponent that day and the result. Teams tend to get behind on that sort of thing, because they're serving mainly themselves, have no money to pay for a publicist and little time to do it themselves, and see little reason for outreach because they tend to think everybody who cares knows each other already, which becomes a self-fulfilling state of affairs. However, from the writeup of their opener a few weeks earlier which was on a Sunday in Rutland, it's fairly easy to guess the game you passed by was theirs. They refer to themselves as "semi-pro", but that's a misnomer these days for minor league clubs that are actually amateur.

Robert
Old Mon Sep 07, 2009, 08:14pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks, Robert...I think that is exactly what I was seeing....Fits the bill exactly....