Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jun 24, 2009, 02:01am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Good guy, Jeremy.

So, Mike, with your pull with the WIAA, how about getting this (and black baseball umpire shirts) pushed through at your next opportunity.
You guys in WI can't wear black baseball shirts? That's lame.
Old Wed Jun 24, 2009, 06:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Nor can we in Ohio. Sure, we can get a new logo every decade or so, but the shirt has to be navy (AND the undershirt, if visible, red).
Old Wed Jun 24, 2009, 10:24am
Official Forum Member

remove all bias and....

take a serious, objective study of our knickers (personally, I love them). They do look a bit silly, no?
Yes, anyone could wear black "sweatpants", but only committed officials will up the ante with the knickers and silly socks. It does stand us apart, no?
Old Wed Jun 24, 2009, 10:49am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Yep. The state has even gone as far as threaten post-season assignments for those "caught" wearing black shirts.

However, a bulletin written earlier this year suggested navy or black jackets for cold weather.

---------------------

So we typically wear 2 combinations here: black jackets OR polo blue shirts -- the uniforms that mean we can wear black hats. What I'd really like to get across is that I don't really hate navy -- I hate having to keep navy hats just for the few HS games a season (like in the playoffs) where I *need* them. I only own 2 navy shirts (plate/base) and 2 navy hats (4-stitch and 6-stitch -- I used to wear an 8-stitch with everything till I got the low profile mask and finally embraced FlexFit after getting 5 hats all sized differently from Honig's).

I've been wearing black bags with everything for a few years now. It's nice not having to have anything else -- I even carry 4 bags with me in case I have a dirty pair so I can use the other pair.
Old Wed Jun 24, 2009, 10:51am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trocared View Post
take a serious, objective study of our knickers (personally, I love them). They do look a bit silly, no?
Yes, anyone could wear black "sweatpants", but only committed officials will up the ante with the knickers and silly socks. It does stand us apart, no?
I don't mind the knickers. I asked my umpire last night if we should wear shorts this year for JV/FR games and he laughed at me. Again. We wear knickers for EVERYTHING on my crew. We are very interested in these pants, though. With state approval, we'd be wearing these at least half of our varsity games this season.
Old Wed Jun 24, 2009, 11:01am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Yep. The state has even gone as far as threaten post-season assignments for those "caught" wearing black shirts.

However, a bulletin written earlier this year suggested navy or black jackets for cold weather.
For HS ball we're wearing navy for baseball and light blue for softball. No exceptions.

Jackets are to be solid navy only.
Old Wed Jun 24, 2009, 11:40am
Official Forum Member

I wouldn't mind wearing shorts for early season sub-varsity games. It can be 120 degrees on some fields at the start of the game where I am.
Old Thu Jun 25, 2009, 07:14pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to umpirebob71
In Trumbull County in Ohio, we ONLY wear knickers on Friday nights. For JV on down, it's shorts and short white socks.
Old Sun Jun 28, 2009, 11:32pm
Official Forum Member

We wear knickers for everything except pre-season scrimmages. I would love the black pants but I'm sure my crew wouldn't change unless it was mandated that we had to.
Old Mon Jun 29, 2009, 12:32am
Official Forum Member

We must wear knickers on all OSSAA (7 thru 12) football games. Shorts with low white socks are allowed for scrimmages and youth (3 thru 6) contests.

I think the black pants look fine and would be great for cold weather games with the long sleeved shirt.

I am somewhat of a traditionalist and like the knickers.
Old Wed Jul 01, 2009, 04:13pm
Official Forum Member

I'm ready for a change, I like uniform changes. Guess thats why I'm a baseball fan with our 15 shirts!
Old Wed Jul 01, 2009, 04:17pm
Ref Ump Welsch

You know...the more I look at these black knickers, the more I fear looking like a ballet dancer with black leotards.
Old Thu Jul 02, 2009, 02:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDUB View Post
I better not buy any Honig's knickers...they don't explicitly say they have belt loops so I would guess they don't have any
REPLY: Here's the latest description form rthe Honigs Web site:

"100% Wind and water resistant polyester with double stitched seams, zipper fly, tunnel beltloops and 2 set-in rear pockets (one with flap). Black with 11/4” white stripe running from waist to cuff. A great cold weather option when worn in combination with a pair of McDavid or UnderArmour ColdGear compression tights. Sizes S-4X with unfinished length.
Delivery expected Mid-October"
Old Fri Jul 03, 2009, 06:18pm
Official Forum Member

Here come the black pants

This is the description if you click on the image:
"100% Wind and water resistant polyester with double stitched seams, zipper fly, tunnel beltloops and 2 set-in rear pockets (one with flap). Black with 11/4” white stripe running from waist to cuff. A great cold weather option when worn in combination with a pair of McDavid or UnderArmour ColdGear compression tights. Sizes S-4X with unfinished length
Delivery expected Mid-October"

OOPS Sorry Bob M.

We also understand Gerry Davis will be carrying the black pants too.

Last edited by golfdesigner; Fri Jul 03, 2009 at 06:21pm.
Old Sat Jul 04, 2009, 08:20am
Ref Ump Welsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob M. View Post
REPLY: Here's the latest description form rthe Honigs Web site:

Delivery expected Mid-October
This doesn't do many of us a whole h#ll lot of good. Usually by then, in some places, it's cold enough to go to the heavy stuff, especially in parts of the country where the weather is really fickle. Heck, even in late September, we had a game where it was warm enough to go short sleeves at the beginning of the game, but we all switched to long sleeves at halftime because the temperature dropped big time.