The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 18, 2009, 11:47pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
This is the key to the entire saga. I can't think of any reason why he simply wouldn't have gone to his local official's association to ask if the formation was legal. They would have said that while not in the spirit of the rule, there was nothing against it. His poor little school could then compete with the Goliaths they played. Evidently there was another motive.
Yeah, but then who'd be hailing him as the genius creator of this innovative, exciting, safer offense?
Old Wed Feb 18, 2009, 11:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
Evidently there was another motive.

"Ahhhh, it's a profit deal!" - Navin R. Johnson
Old Fri Feb 20, 2009, 08:26pm
Official Forum Member

Na-Na-Naaa-Na
Na-Na-Naaa-Na
HEY HEY HEY
GOOD BYE!
Old Sat Feb 21, 2009, 09:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim D. View Post
Apparently you're dumber than I thought. Never mind, just crawl back in your hole.
Let's call Jimmy Swaggert and have him make the apology. I love drama!
Old Sat Feb 28, 2009, 09:37pm
Official Forum Member

Terrible strategy...befitting the goal

The petitions are now available. Kurt and Stan are leading the march on FED. A sampling:

"Is there room in America for more than one style of football offense now & in the future?

If you believe the answer is Yes; and your school, your league or your entire section wants to use the A-11 Offense or a Hybrid of it, please read below about how to submit this Dual Petition to your own State Association and the NFHS. Over the last two years, many hard-working coaches & student-athletes across the USA took a chance & tried something innovative in the game of football. Now, A-11 Offense concepts and strategies are here to stay in their true capacity, in a hybrid form, and/or in the new A-11 Camouflage attack for teams wanting to use different ideas."

So, without the A-11 there is only one style of offense. This will come as a complete surprise to every coach I know.
Old Sun Mar 01, 2009, 06:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUmpire View Post
The petitions are now available. Kurt and Stan are leading the march on FED. A sampling:

"Is there room in America for more than one style of football offense now & in the future?

If you believe the answer is Yes; and your school, your league or your entire section wants to use the A-11 Offense or a Hybrid of it, please read below about how to submit this Dual Petition to your own State Association and the NFHS. Over the last two years, many hard-working coaches & student-athletes across the USA took a chance & tried something innovative in the game of football. Now, A-11 Offense concepts and strategies are here to stay in their true capacity, in a hybrid form, and/or in the new A-11 Camouflage attack for teams wanting to use different ideas."

So, without the A-11 there is only one style of offense. This will come as a complete surprise to every coach I know.
...and, for $149 you too can get my book on the advanced concepts of the A-11. And, I'll throw in a bottle of snake oil.

Just imagine, for only $149 you too can run this advanced offense and receive a bottle of snake oil.

Be the first in your state to run this truly remarkable offense, an offense that revolutionizes the game of football!!
Old Sun Mar 01, 2009, 08:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hickland View Post
...and, for $149 you too can get my book on the advanced concepts of the A-11. And, I'll throw in a bottle of snake oil.

Just imagine, for only $149 you too can run this advanced offense and receive a bottle of snake oil.

Be the first in your state to run this truly remarkable offense, an offense that revolutionizes the game of football!!
... but wait! Call within the next thirty minutes and we'll send you two bottles of snake oil along with the A- 11 book, all for the unbelievably low price of $149!!
Old Mon Mar 02, 2009, 12:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hickland View Post

Ed, I am faxing you a check TODAY.
Old Tue Mar 03, 2009, 12:09am
Official Forum Member

Wow, these guys are truly delusional.

IF YOU WANT EVERYONE TO BE ELIGIBLE, PLAY 8 OR 9 MAN!!! This was meant for the "small schools that can't compete" (well, so were classifications like AA and AAA, etc, but that's obviously too easy to follow and believe).

As they say, if you can't win, then take your ball and go home and play somewhere else so you can have it your way. The big boys don't want you plaing in our yard anyway! Make sure your A-11 leagues give 'participation trophies' as well! (to all 3 teams nationwide)
Old Tue Mar 03, 2009, 07:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman72 View Post
IF YOU WANT EVERYONE TO BE ELIGIBLE, PLAY 8 OR 9 MAN!!!
No, in all or most versions of 8s or 9s the usual eligibility rules apply. You're thinking 6s.
Old Tue Mar 03, 2009, 08:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goodman View Post
No, in all or most versions of 8s or 9s the usual eligibility rules apply. You're thinking 6s.
I think he is trying to say that in 8 and 9 man football, numberring requirements for being on the line don't apply.
Old Wed Mar 04, 2009, 07:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reffing Rev. View Post
I think he is trying to say that in 8 and 9 man football, numberring requirements for being on the line don't apply.
I think Robert's trying to say that they do.