The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 01:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I did hear an interesting comment today on the sports radio shows - McAuley's (?) crew threw more flags this season than any other crew. Just thought that was interesting and can use it to try to convince the average bonehead fanboy that just because you throw a lot of flags, it does not mean you are a bad official.
Actually i thought the crew with the official with glasses (Winters?) threw the most flags. With that crew, i swore the flag was hot, they were afraid to keep it tucked away.
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 01:19pm
Official Forum Member

cardinals fans, if you're the ones that are crying about the officials:

Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 01:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljet View Post
Also roethlisberger appeared to be in the pocket and threw the ball away, intentional grounding was never considered and NBC never showed a replay but the ball landed and no players from either team were within 7 yards of it.
Did you not see the TV replay with the 2 red lines draw back from the 2 tackles and Ben being clearly outside of the box?
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 02:05pm
Official Forum Member

I didn't even see the Holmes "Lebron" impersonation when it happened. How in the hell did they not nail him for 15? That is ALWAYS a penalty and they blew it. The whole "It was late and they had quit looking at him" is a lame excuse.

Not reviewing the final play when Warner's arm was going forward was a complete joke. I thought they've always said that the booth just decides if they play is worthy of review and the Referee actually looks at it and reviews it.

You guys can kiss rear end all you want, but the Cardinals got hosed just like the Seahawks.
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 02:08pm
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
You guys can kiss rear end all you want, but the Cardinals got hosed just like the Seahawks.
Are you going to bother answering any of our questions regarding your conduct or? Perhaps you should hang up your basketball stripes, I'm not sure you have the ability to view things objectively.
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Are you going to bother answering any of our questions regarding your conduct or? Perhaps you should hang up your basketball stripes, I'm not sure you have the ability to view things objectively.
Yeah, you're right. I'm not able to referee basketball because of the NFL. How silly of me.

My conduct? I'm not the one who got overwhelmed in the Super Bowl last night.
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 02:13pm
Archaic Power Monger

Never mind. Go away troll.
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 02:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Na, that's okay. Just because someone questions NFL referees, they're considered a "troll".
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 02:26pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Na, that's okay. Just because someone questions NFL referees, they're considered a "troll".
No, someone that claims they know more than officials, then cannot respond objectively.

From what I understand you are an official that does not work football. You of all people should know better. It is obvious you do not.

Peace
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 02:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
No, someone that claims they know more than officials, then cannot respond objectively.

From what I understand you are an official that does not work football. You of all people should know better. It is obvious you do not.

Peace
I never said I know more than they do. This is where the disconnect is I guess. I'm saying they screwed up. It doesn't take an NFL referee or even a football referee to figure out when NFL referees screw up.
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 02:43pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
I never said I know more than they do. This is where the disconnect is I guess. I'm saying they screwed up. It doesn't take an NFL referee or even a football referee to figure out when NFL referees screw up.
If you are saying they screwed up you have to give more reasons than, "I just did not like that call." Or "They should have called this a foul."

If they screwed up, explain how. Or better yet, give us the rules or interpretations that show the officials did not do what they should of. You have to do better than, "I have been watching football for....years and I never have seen that called."

Do you think the "average fan" knows the sport you work better than you do, just because of what they have seen?

Peace
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 02:51pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
Quote:
Now this is the smartest thing you've said in a long time.
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 02:58pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not. But it sure helps.
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 03:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljet View Post
In 23 years of watching multiple NFL games per week, I have never seen that call
Who wants to bet he's about 24 yrs old?
Old Mon Feb 02, 2009, 03:07pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:

You are being very disingenuous now. You've accused NFL officials as a whole as being incompetent and blantantly biased. And you have done so on more than one ocassion.

So shouldn't you stop officiating basketball since I'm sure quite a few fans, coaches, and players have made the same statements about you after watching one of your games? (and don't say they haven't because it has happened to every official who has ever worn stripes.)

Last edited by Raymond; Tue Feb 03, 2009 at 03:35am.