The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jan 11, 2009, 02:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goodman View Post
There was a discussion of that here a while back -- that Fed had an illegal contact rule against potential receivers. I hadn't been aware of it until I read it here.
I don't understand how what formation a team uses has anything to do with illegal use of hands fouls.

Quote:
And I've seen kicking on all downs, so we're even.
In every game teams pass on all downs. How many thousands of games does one have to watch to see a team punt on first down? We're not even.

Quote:
It's just a matter of the number of teams playing under the different codes. It took many years before the A-11 was concocted; it's just a matter of time in NCAA, now that the gentleman's agreement that was apparently understood at the time the numbering exception has passed from everyone's memory.
I don't know what you are talking about. The A-11 is not legal in NCAA rules. Even Kurt Bryan knows that.
Old Sun Jan 11, 2009, 08:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDUB View Post
I don't understand how what formation a team uses has anything to do with illegal use of hands fouls.
I was trying to show how using the same logic as the judgement call you so blithely want to introduce, other rules could be made judgement calls too, and migh produce more equitable results in some cases, but the resulting uncertainty still wouldn't be worth it.

Robert