The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 11:12pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
Zebra, why so hung up on libel? What's your point to all of this? I'm just confused as to why someone would write a tome such as you did.
Old Mon Jan 05, 2009, 11:17pm
Official Forum Member

It is pretty obvious. The guy is either an alias for KB or someone who is tight with KB that wants to get "credibility" pretending to be a zebra. The poster is a prolific writer. That is a clue.
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 01:32am
Official Forum Member

Been a pleasure!

Thanks for the compliment TxMike!

Its been a pleasure spending the last 24 hours with all you fine upstanding citizens. Even "KB" made an appearance! As expected this discussion was met with the same tired insults, disbelief that anything written in a public domain could have legal ramifications, complete ignorance of how your actions affect the big picture and of course my favorite: wild speculation about motives and who dunnit!!! On the flip side, compliments to all on doing a marvelous job showing anyone who finds this discussion on Google what pack behavior is all about. All counted, 20 hyenas came in to get a piece of the kill, including one named snausages (I mean snaqwells). Until the next time TXMike, in the next discussion "Lord of the Flies".
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 01:49am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra295 View Post

Its been a pleasure spending the last 24 hours with all you fine upstanding citizens. Even "KB" made an appearance! As expected this discussion was met with the same tired insults, disbelief that anything written in a public domain could have legal ramifications, complete ignorance of how your actions affect the big picture and of course my favorite: wild speculation about motives and who dunnit!!! On the flip side, compliments to all on doing a marvelous job showing anyone who finds this discussion on Google what pack behavior is all about. All counted, 20 hyenas came in to get a piece of the kill, including one named snausages (I mean snaqwells). Until the next time TXMike, in the next discussion "Lord of the Flies".
You still have not proven any comments by anyone (still waiting) have legal ramifications or that anything said was a lie or wrong. And if you want to avoid how hyenas then you stay away from where they live or roam. I know if I was a coach that did not want anyone to comment on them, I would not go around officials that might not agree with my position. I know I do not go to coach's sites to yell at coaches about rules without expecting a certain response.

And I guess you really did not read the Lord of the Flies, because that was about societal action and going after the weak and has been a huge aggressor to bring this issue to the forefront. No one here knew anything about Kurt until he started coming on discussion boards to give his point of view. KB is not weak and has put himself in a position for people to challenge his opinions. And I will keep saying this because KB was exposed by people using his words. No one had to invent things about KB. They found out that he was selling books and material that he claimed several times in 2008 that he was not trying to do. If you do not want me to keep saying that, then stop trying to suggest that people are saying things that are not true. All you have to do is do a search on the National Federation Website where he has made that comment several times. And he was exposed there too. And some of the worst comments came from people that were coaches, not officials.

Kurt needs to get a better lawyer.

Peace
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 01:58am
Official Forum Member

Dude

Thank you Rudledge, dude. Glad to see that after 24 hours you are still the same scholar and gentleman
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 01:59am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Thank you Rudledge, dude. Glad to see that after 24 hours you are still the same scholar and gentleman
Does that mean you are going to go away now?

Peace
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 10:59am
Official Forum Member

Hmmm,

Just to make a small point:

As noted in this thread it is easy to shout "libel" and very difficult to prove.

I doubt the "Zebra" is an attorney (he may of, however, stayed at a Holiday Inn Express for a few nights) as he quoted only the dictionary definition of libel. What he did not include in his work is that libel can only be proven if there is an intentional financial gain or loss.

Courts are very limited in their view of libel.

I would also comment that this thread is a huge entertainment for me.

Regards,
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 11:11am
Official Forum Member

Rutledge, you're actually funny at times. Perhaps in your environment including "how you were raised", shouting and bullying provides some sense of superiority, in my environment it only provides hollow noise. You keep hiding behind your claim to a right to disagree, which nobody but you has argued with, but seem reluctant to address the manner in which you disagree, which seems very much the tactic of a bully.

Volume doesn't add credibility to what you say, and very often is a clear sign of compensating for lack of credibility. Whether this topic is decided, in a month or two and which way it is decided makes little difference to the basic question on how you chose to deal with it.

If you choose to be a an angry blowhard tossing accusations and personal attacks about, that's entirely up to you. How many State finals, College games, etal you've worked won't change the fact you're still an angry blowhard. It's just not imporatant how long I've been officiating, any more than it matters a tinker's dam how long you've been around. Sometimes 20 years experience boils down to just 2 years worth, 10 times over.

I'm comfortable with my officiating experience, and when you get near to the end of it, that's all that really matters. I've always tried to remember that what I do, how well I do it and, perhaps most importantly, how I conduct myself as an official reflects on a lot of other people as well. I'm sure we're both chasing perfection, however, the difference being when I've done or said something really stupid, I actually try not to repeat myself.

Unlike you, I'm not suggesting, not even hinting I know everything, or more than anyone else. Manners and civility are things you learn by the age of 12, if you don't get it by then, sorry but chances are you won't.

You are absolutely correct when you bark, "I have the right and will continue to speak in any of my sports about rules like I do all the time off this site and on this site", which only suggests that you recognize you are an arrogant blowhard, and like being one. The fact you claim consistency, doesn't add much. I've never intended to suggest anything other than we are what we are, and you have provided a sterling example of how accurate that assessment turned out to be.
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 11:17am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Its been a pleasure spending the last 24 hours with all you fine upstanding citizens.

Oh please kind sir....before you leave...please edumacate us heathens about the spirit and intent of the player numbering rules and the exception. Please, pretty please, please with sugar on top. We are sitting here at your feet, oh wise one.
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 11:51am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMike View Post
Oh please kind sir....before you leave...please edumacate us heathens about the spirit and intent of the player numbering rules and the exception. Please, pretty please, please with sugar on top. We are sitting here at your feet, oh wise one.
We've been waiting for this since Day 1 from KB and all the supporters. Crickets are still chirping. I find that to be the most interesting piece of all of this.

The supporters KNOW that this violates the spirit of the exception and don't care. Personally, I think this speaks volumes about the ethics of these supporters.
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 12:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
As expected this discussion was met with the same tired insults
I still don't see where you were insulted. We have disagreed, but it's not like any of us called you a jack a$$. If we had, that would be an insult.

Quote:
All counted, 20 hyenas came in to get a piece of the kill, including one named snausages (I mean snaqwells). Until the next time TXMike, in the next discussion "Lord of the Flies".
Now those look like insults! Maybe you buddy ajmc would like to discuss manners with you.

Last edited by daggo66; Tue Jan 06, 2009 at 12:11pm.
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 12:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
You still don't get it. Its about the insutling behavior of naming a discussion in a potentially libelous manner and other officials treating anyone who doesn't share their opinions in an un-gentlemanly tone. Its not about the A-11, dude! It's about people being so arrogant they keep mis-representing reality at the expense of fellow officials, to satisfy the crushing of an individual. Its about giving officials a bad name for trying to trash the name of a high school coach. Its about "the internet is forever". That's what this is all about, dude. If you have $50K to blow on defending yourself from a libel suit, whether your win or not, be my guest.
Why do you care? How do you know whether or not that I may in fact be an attorney?
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 12:23pm
Official Forum Member

I didn't think there was any mystery that the player numbering exception was created for reasons OTHER than creation of an offense designed to take advantage of it.

As has been the case with just about every rule or law that's ever been written, once written people try and devise ways around the rule, or law, getting as close as possible without violating it. Sometimes those attempts are successful, sometimes not. When not, the solution is a simple one; modify the rule to cover the attempted circumvention.

One fortunate/unfortunate aspect ALWAYS applies; the rule as written is the rule that applies, and until correction is made, the rule originally written is what counts.

As officials, we should understand, although we are not required to agree with or like any of the rules of the game, but we are expected, and required, to enforce them, as written and officially interpreted. We are entitled to our opinions, but until the rules makers speak or act, those opinions are as valid as any assistant coach's opinion of the spots we mark.

You should not presume that anyone who chooses not to over react and vehemently condemn this, or any, attempt at circumventing any rule automatically agrees with the attempted circumvention. This issue is in the hands of the rule makers, and we will all have to abide with their conclusion, whether we like it or not.
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 12:29pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:

I'm just happy to be nominated.
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 12:30pm
Official Forum Member

That's what must of us have been saying all along.