The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 16, 2008, 11:35am
Official Forum Member

As of Tuesday AM, the videos have been removed from YouTube. I wonder why.
Old Tue Dec 16, 2008, 12:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forksref View Post
As of Tuesday AM, the videos have been removed from YouTube. I wonder why.
Your "I wonder why" was probably facetious, since the answer is plain: lawyers.
Old Tue Dec 16, 2008, 12:51pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Videos are here:

Outrage of the day: Euless Trinity football player blindsides ref
Old Tue Dec 16, 2008, 01:07pm
Official Forum Member

Big: I'm a Texas attorney. Tell your buddy (the guy hit) to contact me if he would like to discuss the matter (without charge) and I can tell him his options here. skh_91 at hotmail.
Old Tue Dec 16, 2008, 01:09pm
Official Forum Member

WOW!

No official deserves this. It was obviously pre-meditated as the play is going right and the player goes left directly toward the referee. He can't say he was fooled that bad. He makes the hit then turns toward the point of attack.

Hope charges are filed and the court gets to sort this out.
Old Tue Dec 16, 2008, 01:54pm
Official Forum Member

Videos are down now.

Maybe that guy is related to the LSU guy who got taken out by the umpire and this was just payback.
"And I'm not just some fan, I've refereed football and basketball in addition to all the baseball I've umpired. I've never made a call that horrible in my life in any sport."---Greatest. Official. Ever.
Old Wed Dec 17, 2008, 10:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAndBack View Post
Maybe that guy is related to the LSU guy who got taken out by the umpire and this was just payback.

I guess that's supposed to be humorous but there's nothing funny about this situation.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Wed Dec 17, 2008, 04:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAndBack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
I guess that's supposed to be humorous but there's nothing funny about this situation.
I know it's not funny, but this was the exact thought I had after reading the story. Weird......
Old Thu Dec 18, 2008, 07:18am
Official Forum Member

The video has found its way back

Video: Euless Trinity High School Safety Blindsides Referee | BuzzCuts | buzzcuts.com
Old Fri Dec 19, 2008, 08:39pm
Official Forum Member

And the punishment begins

HS Game Time Blog - DFW
Old Sat Dec 20, 2008, 09:08am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
I can't imagine that being the case, walt. Everybody on the field is going to the left when you're suddenly hit by a Mack truck moving in the opposite direction. Nope, I bet he had some realization of what happened.

Euless Trinity football player disciplined for hit on official | Dallas/Fort Worth High School Sports | HS GameTime.com | Top Stories

The video, taken from two angles, is from the late stages of Allen's 34-21 win over Trinity in the Class 5A Division I Region I final Dec. 6 at Texas Stadium.

At the snap of the ball, the Trinity linebacker immediately runs to his right and knocks umpire Robert Rosales to the ground, even though Allen is running a play to the linebacker's left.

The game was officiated by members of the Houston chapter of the Texas Association of Sports Officials. Tommy Moore, the chapter's executive secretary, and other officials said they do not believe Rosales intends to pursue legal action. Rosales could not be reached for comment.

Moore said he doubts Rosales realized it was anything but incidental contact until he saw the game video.

"It's common for an official to get run into sometimes because there's a lot of action out there," Moore said. "But I've never seen anything like this video."
Old Sat Dec 20, 2008, 11:47am
Official Forum Member

Thank God it's never happened, but I made a promise a long time ago; If a player, coach or fan assaulted me on the field, sideline or after the game, I would do whatever necessary to see that they spent that night in jail, and would pursue it as far as possible.

I have always thought I owe that to everyone else wearing stripes. In my book, striking an official is right below smacking your mother. You just can't go there, ever.
Old Sat Dec 20, 2008, 11:51am
Official Forum Member

I hope I have the intestinal fortitude to press the issue also should it ever happen to me. Some things are larger than us as individuals and thinking of it that way may help someone make the decision to go forward even though it could be difficult, and be "costly" to us or our association in terms of future game potential.
Old Sat Dec 20, 2008, 03:00pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
Thank God it's never happened, but I made a promise a long time ago; If a player, coach or fan assaulted me on the field, sideline or after the game, I would do whatever necessary to see that they spent that night in jail, and would pursue it as far as possible.

I have always thought I owe that to everyone else wearing stripes. In my book, striking an official is right below smacking your mother. You just can't go there, ever.
Likewise, I made the same promise. I witnessed an incident following a HS county tournament baseball game last spring where one of the umpires was physically assaulted by a fan while leaving the field and heading for the parking lot.

I wasn't working the game but stopped by to watch and knew a couple of the umps. I walked with them to the parking lot when they were approached by a fan. A few words were exchanged. I tried to position myself between the fan and the umps but before I could get there the fan grabbed one of the umps around the neck.

Fortunately we were being followed out by another fan who was an off-duty police officer. He witnessed the entire exchange and subdued the fan before any real harm could be done.

Of course, by subdue I mean the officer wrestled him to the ground and held him until the local police showed up.
Old Sat Dec 20, 2008, 03:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltjp View Post

Moore said he doubts Rosales realized it was anything but incidental contact until he saw the game video.

"It's common for an official to get run into sometimes because there's a lot of action out there," Moore said. "But I've never seen anything like this video."
I'm sure Mr. Rosales is a fine official and took the contact in stride but there needs to be a STRONG message sent that officials are not fair game and this type of action is not going to be taken politely.