The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Football (https://forum.officiating.com/football/)
-   -   Nfl cheap shot MNF (https://forum.officiating.com/football/49081-nfl-cheap-shot-mnf.html)

fljet Wed Sep 24, 2008 02:17am

Nfl cheap shot MNF

Anybody see Luis Castillo get cut down by Jets RB

Cant believe they missed that call, I saw it from the loge level over 200 yds away at the opposite end zone and that was after about 10 cold ones.

Unbelievable, the nfl should be more worried about protecting Defensive players has they generally only care about QB's

Im sure they will fine him 25K which really is a joke because tomas jones makes 5 million per.

JRutledge Wed Sep 24, 2008 02:28am

Could you describe the play better?

What about the play was cheap or illegal?

Peace

mikesears Wed Sep 24, 2008 07:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by fljet (Post 538961)

Cant believe they missed that call, I saw it from the loge level over 200 yds away at the opposite end zone and that was after about 10 cold ones.

Unbelievable, the nfl should be more worried about protecting Defensive players has they generally only care about QB's

Im sure they will fine him 25K which really is a joke because tomas jones makes 5 million per.

A little heart-to-heart here, fljet.

Of the posts you have started, most (maybe all?) of them are questioning the judgment of NFL officials and seemingly acuse them of incompetence.

If you are truly starting out in Pop Warner/Pee Wee football and looking to move up, you need to understand that you won't make friends here by continuing to attack game officials. Many of us consider the NFL officials the best there are and are more likely to trust the judgment of an NFL official over a Pop Warner official.

So here is what I propose. Ask about situations rather than editorializing about how the officials missed things.

waltjp Wed Sep 24, 2008 07:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesears (Post 538982)
Of the posts you have started, most (maybe all?) of them are questioning the judgment of NFL officials and seemingly accuse them of incompetence.

Mike, you're not the only one to notice that. :rolleyes:

Raymond Wed Sep 24, 2008 08:32am

Quote:

Were you this concerned about sportsmanship when Rodeny Harrison was playing in SD? Were you upset when Bryan Westbrook's helmet got twisted around last Monday vs. Dallas and no call was made?

Do think maybe the NFL has a conspiracy against the Chargers?

Forksref Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:05am

Quote:

Originally Posted by waltjp (Post 538986)

Most of us are here to learn.

And most of us will ignore the whiners. :)

AZump Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:55am

RE:NFL cheap shot MNF

Couldn't agree more Forksref, well said. I'm a 6th yr HS offical and I frequent this forum everyday at luch so I can learn more about officiating the game from some really fine officials. I am a bit tired of the wannabe refs and or coaches at pop warner level who come here to complain and not learn.
Jrut, jugglin, keep the good adivce coming to guys like me who want to excel at there advocation, not rip somoene for being human. :D

Adam Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by waltjp (Post 538986)

Agreed.

OverAndBack Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:05pm

Do not feed the trolls.

PA-28-181 Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:15pm

JLET,
You sound like most people in the stands. You really don't know the rules & think that your view from more then 100 yards is better then those on the field. Have you ever done a college or pro football game? Even with 7 officials on the field you are not going to see every foul, try as you will you can't see everything. As officials we do not have the benefit of slow motion or 10 guys in a production trailer to help see every call.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fljet (Post 537769)
If ed works a game in San Diego this year, and commits any mistakes, he will undoubtedly get a shower of beer when exiting the field from the west end zone, he better get mike phelps to give him some swimming lessons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fljet (Post 538040)
I am a first year official in pop warner, not claiming to be an expert asking a serious question and not looking for a smart-*** answer.

I am not famillar with the new rule changes in the NFL rulebook all I know is that they did away with the Garden variety facemask.

I would suggest to you to try working some game before you start talking about throwing beer on Mr. Hochuli. If you had 1 10th the self respect the Mr. Hochuli has you would not speek ill of one of the best the game has seen. How many times at your job have you made a mistake? When you do I would guess you don't handle it with as much dignity that Mr. Hochuli has.

I have been worked as an official starting with jr, then on a high school crew while doing JV games. Then stepped up to D2 College and I am now working D1 ball, so I do know what I am talking about. I would like to see you try to even work a game with 40+ thousand fans, & these fans like you think they know the rules. I don't know if this is true but someone in this post said you are new to officiating football. Everyone just starting out feels they are "masters of the rules" What you might not understand is jr high football has a different rule book the college & the pros. When you get the 200+ page rule book & take some of the test we take (all year not just Sept - Oct) then call me, other wise keep the BS to yourself.

Sorry everyone else for venting here, it just pisses me off the this A$$ hat talks about throwing beer on someone that he can't even hold his jock. Grow up Jrut you should strive to be half as good as Mr. Hochuli on the field.

Quote:

Sonofanump Wed Sep 24, 2008 01:08pm

I like the tags at the bottom of the page:

conspiracy theory, fanboy

jjrye22 Thu Sep 25, 2008 03:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA-28-181 (Post 539054)
Sorry everyone else for venting here, it just pisses me off the this A$$ hat talks about throwing beer on someone that he can't even hold his jock.

Here is a questions for Umpires: Do you wear a jock on the field?
A few weeks ago I ended up not getting out of the way of an OLiner going out for a block and got punched in the... Well, we called an officials timeout.

Had never considered wearing a jock up till that point.

Ed Hickland Thu Sep 25, 2008 07:37am

Quote:

Fljet you are making a wealth of "friends". Truly good officials which I hope you aspire don't openly criticize other officials.

What good officials do is look at the why of what happened and how to improve it. Good officials watch other officials work without bias, even though you are rooting for your favorite, and learn.

You say there was a cut block you saw from 200 yards, why do you think the officials missed it?

Why do you make a blanket statement about ALL NFL officials while citing just one play?

Raymond Thu Sep 25, 2008 08:35am

Quote:

You may be a rookie Pop Warner official (which I personally doubt) but you seem to be a veteran idiot.

fljet Fri Sep 26, 2008 01:47am

wow you guys are tough

I never said I am going to throw beer on Hochuli, I would not risk the consequences on him the guy messed up, its the 65000 other people in the stands who may not feel that way

I think Eddie Big Guns has demonstrated to be a good official during his 19 year career, and is one of the better officials out there. just not recently

and I am not bashing the MNF crew, it was an obvious illegal block and it was in plain view, I was just surprised that everyone let it go or missed it. I am tired of seeing DL get their knees blown up wether or not they are a favorite player of mine.

The purpose of my thread was to point out that the NFL needs to stop worring so much about protecting QB but protect all players in vunerable situations.

Im sure most of you didnt watch the game though since none of you commented on the purpose of my post which was the illegal block and you all try to busy trying to bash me.