Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Sep 17, 2008, 09:30am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkishowl20 View Post
The last two posts make a lot of sense. Had they been the first two responses this thread would be one page.
The fact is after nearly 200 posts you found a couple that conditionally agree with you and you find these to be sensible? Someone mentioned it earlier, you were not interested in what anyone had to say until it agreed with your opinion.
Old Wed Sep 17, 2008, 11:23am
Official Forum Member

This is like having a conversation with my brother who is a lawyer. Ever when he knows his argument is wrong he tries to get me to change my mind. Talking with him is a waste of time and energy. This whole thread is much the same. Of the 150 or so people that tell him he was wrong & how it was ruled is correct, he still looks for the few that agree with his argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltjp View Post
The fact is after nearly 200 posts you found a couple that conditionally agree with you and you find these to be sensible? Someone mentioned it earlier, you were not interested in what anyone had to say until it agreed with your opinion.
Old Sun Sep 21, 2008, 07:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltjp View Post
I’m glad your newly found psychic abilities have given you the ability to contribute something. Stop acting holier than thou.
Old Sun Sep 21, 2008, 07:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-28-181 View Post
This is like having a conversation with my brother who is a lawyer. Ever when he knows his argument is wrong he tries to get me to change my mind. Talking with him is a waste of time and energy. This whole thread is much the same. Of the 150 or so people that tell him he was wrong & how it was ruled is correct, he still looks for the few that agree with his argument.
He probably has a lot of fun with you. You (probably) often have no idea what you’re talking about and have no ability to explain or defend your position. “I’m right, this is right, isn’t a discussion.” Lacking the ability to speak and think logically is a major deficiency. Perhaps you will overcome it one day.
Old Sun Sep 21, 2008, 08:20am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
Quote:
I’m glad your newly found psychic abilities have given you the ability to contribute something. Stop acting holier than thou.
Sorry, Hawk. When I see something that looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck I'm calling it a duck.
Old Sun Sep 21, 2008, 10:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
No, but I didn't realize so many officials are so cavalier about counting on time. I was simply saying it takes less than 1 second to count offense in formation. Let me save you a post because I know you will say “You’re an official and you don’t know you count the offense before they get in formation.” I am curious what would cause you to not count in time specifically?
If you want an honest opinion you should not post here.

If, and only if, what you said was true, the official let the play go with full knowledge of 12 on the field that was incorrect.

The collegiate officials' manual states an official if unable to complete his count before the snap you can call illegal participation. It is incumbent upon the players and coaches to have the correct number of players on the field, not the officials.

Not being there and considering your biased opinion one is left to wonder if the official deliberately withheld to get the illegal participation.

Whatever the case the fact there were 12 players during the play it is illegal participation and it is suggested you count your players in the future.
Old Sun Sep 21, 2008, 11:55am
Official Forum Member

I didn't read all the pages in this thread so I aplogize if this has already been posted. When I count the players and have more than 11 players before the snap, I ALWAYS recount before I throw my flag. Sometimes during the recount they snap the ball. Nothing looks worse than throwing a flag thinking you have more than 11 and then flagging and see that there are just 11 players. It's like thinking you have foul and flagging it. If you think you have something you don't. We must know we have a foul. That is why I take a second count so that I know the count. If I count 12 twice then by golly we got twelve. I'm sure we've all done this before and counted 12 the first time and then recounted and there were only 11. If I do that I'll count a third time.