The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Football (https://forum.officiating.com/football/)
-   -   nfhs quiz (https://forum.officiating.com/football/46886-nfhs-quiz.html)

schmitty1973 Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:47pm

nfhs quiz

Anybody got a copy of this year's NFHS test?

daggo66 Mon Aug 04, 2008 07:31am

:rolleyes:

ODJ Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:05am

Yes. It's fabulous! And pink!!! :p
Some of the statements are true, others false.

schmitty1973 Tue Aug 05, 2008 02:58am

Thanks for all the support and reminding me of why I quit coming here in the first place. I just wanted it for practice testing purposes, I've already taken my exam.

Theisey Tue Aug 05, 2008 07:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by schmitty1973
Thanks for all the support and reminding me of why I quit coming here in the first place. I just wanted it for practice testing purposes, I've already taken my exam.

Schmitty, what test are you talking about... Part I or Part II or even the mechanics tests?

I'll receive Part-I and the mechanics tests tonight, but no one in this state will see the Part-II until the end of August when all of us across the state see it for the first time in a test meeting on the same day, same time.

That's why people are reluctant to talk about the part-II test, because it's used in many states as is it here as a means to test out your rules knowledge. Once that's over, we can start talking about it.

Even the Part-I test is used by some states as their main test. Here we use it just for practice purposes to get you into the book!.

BktBallRef Tue Aug 05, 2008 08:30am

Your mistake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by schmitty1973

You should have made it clearer what your purposes were, instead of posting for the first time in months and asking for the exam. You might have been more warmly received.

Forksref Sat Aug 09, 2008 05:46pm

Let me start by saying, NO, I am not looking for the test to gain an advantage. :)

Now, my question. Does anyone have a mechanics test? In the states where I have worked, they never have used them. I have never even seen one. I think it would be a good idea to be tested periodically on mechanics. Most everything in writing is about rules. I like to do more mechanics things when I do workshops and I have to make up my own materials.

Any help would be appreciated.

STEVED21 Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forksref
Let me start by saying, NO, I am not looking for the test to gain an advantage. :)

Now, my question. Does anyone have a mechanics test? In the states where I have worked, they never have used them. I have never even seen one. I think it would be a good idea to be tested periodically on mechanics. Most everything in writing is about rules. I like to do more mechanics things when I do workshops and I have to make up my own materials.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a copy of the mechanics test. PM me

Theisey Mon Aug 11, 2008 01:33pm

Steve, is yours for 5-man or 4-man?

STEVED21 Mon Aug 11, 2008 01:40pm

Tom Hinrichs Mon Aug 11, 2008 03:27pm

6-Man Mechanics

Does anyone have mechanics information for 6-man crews?

waltjp Mon Aug 11, 2008 05:43pm

Part I

We take Part I as our exam in NJ. I'd like to have a copy of Part II and the Mechanics Exam (5-man) to use in some of our pregames. Does anyone have a copy they'd be willing to share?

BktBallRef Mon Aug 11, 2008 08:07pm

Walt, I believe Part 2 is only given to states who use it as a part of their certification process. Those states don't use the exam until the last week of August. It will probably be readily available after that.

MJT Mon Aug 11, 2008 09:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Hinrichs
Does anyone have mechanics information for 6-man crews?

This is a pretty good site, although the free kick stuff may be different. http://football.refs.org/mechanics/index6.html
A CCA manual would be your best reference.

waltjp Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef
Walt, I believe Part 2 is only given to states who use it as a part of their certification process. Those states don't use the exam until the last week of August. It will probably be readily available after that.

If I'm going to use it for pre-games then I won't need it for another month. My first game is Sept. 18.