The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jan 06, 2008, 03:53am
Official Forum Member

Help from all the officials out there.

I am the head referee for the Detmer Youth Football League in Grants, New Mexico. Our league has been blessed with a great supporter of our league. Ty Detmer lent his name to our league and we have flourished ever since.

This year I will be the director of the league and I'm looking to make a lot of changes. One of the biggest concerns of mine is the officiating. It has improved a lot over the past few years, but this year I am planning on improving it even more with clinics and training, and improving the "look" of our officials.

This is where I need everyone's help. I am here to ask for donations...not for money, but for old shirts. I have already been told that it would be hard for the league to buy the officials all shirts, and to ask our officials to buy them isn't really an option. All of our officials are high school kids that do this for fun.

So I reach out to you all for old shirts. Any size, we just need your help. If anyone is interested in helping out, you can PM me here or email me at abelicio @ gmail.com. We are a non-profit organization so I can even offer a letter and a receipt for your donation.

Thank you for all your help!
Old Mon Jan 07, 2008, 05:29pm
Archaic Power Monger

I've read about USA Football giving out grants to help new officials get established. They might be of some assistance.

http://www.usafootball.com/

I hope that helps and good luck!
Old Mon Jan 07, 2008, 06:16pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks for the info!! I will look into this...