The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Football (https://forum.officiating.com/football/)
-   -   Televised Game/Blatant Hype For Our Guys (https://forum.officiating.com/football/38794-televised-game-blatant-hype-our-guys.html)

Mike L Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:16am

Televised Game/Blatant Hype For Our Guys

high school game tonight on ESPNU (check your local listings): Poway vs Torrey Pines.
the officials for the game will be:

some of the very best of the San Diego section will be working the game. Good luck guys.

MD Longhorn Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike L
high school game tonight on ESPNU (check your local listings): Poway vs Torrey Pines.
the officials for the game will be:

some of the very best of the San Diego section.

I got blasted by members of my assoc about 2 years ago for making exactly this post about a Texas crew on national TV. Might want to check and see if they mind having their names out there...

Mike L Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:51am

never thought of that, but since you've "quoted" me, I think my edit won't make a dif, but I'll try anyway.

JugglingReferee Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike L
never thought of that, but since you've "quoted" me, I think my edit won't make a dif, but I'll try anyway.

He's swift. I'm sure he'll come by and remove the quoted text. :)

MD Longhorn Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
He's swift. I'm sure he'll come by and remove the quoted text. :)

I'm sure he will too. :)

Mike L Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbcrowder
I'm sure he will too. :)

I'll have to take back a couple of the bad things I thought about you now. Just a couple:)

Jim D Thu Oct 11, 2007 01:46pm

There was a lot of controversy about last week's game - Parkway North vs. Parkway West. After ESPN announced that the game would be televised, the local association changed the crew. A lot of hard feelings about that decision obviously.

grantsrc Thu Oct 11, 2007 02:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim D
There was a lot of controversy about last week's game - Parkway North vs. Parkway West. After ESPN announced that the game would be televised, the local association changed the crew. A lot of hard feelings about that decision obviously.

Not to knock on the east side of the state, but I'm surprised there wasn't a KC game instead of a St. Louis game. Blue Springs South vs. Rockhurst comes to mind. St Louis is a bigger market, true, but we know that traditionally the west side of the state has more state champions! :D

That doesn't surprise me about changing crews. Ethical? No way. If they're good enough to work the game at first, why not after they found out the game was on TV? Not cool.

Ref inSoCA Thu Oct 11, 2007 08:18pm

Too bad Torrey Pines is not the Torrey Pines of old.

No changing of crews on this game.

JugglingReferee Thu Oct 11, 2007 09:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim D

Major bad on that local. :mad:

Reffing Rev. Fri Oct 12, 2007 06:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
Major bad on that local. :mad:

Yes, this local does a lot of major bads. Worst I've been a part of in 3 states.

SWFLguy Sat Oct 13, 2007 02:25pm

Changing the crew because it was going to be televised ??
WOW !

Forksref Sat Oct 13, 2007 04:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWFLguy
Changing the crew because it was going to be televised ??
WOW !

Is "telegenic" part of the evaluation form? ;)

eyezen Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantsrc
Not to knock on the east side of the state, but I'm surprised there wasn't a KC game instead of a St. Louis game. Blue Springs South vs. Rockhurst comes to mind. St Louis is a bigger market, true, but we know that traditionally the west side of the state has more state champions! :D

Blaine Gabbert is neither a Jaguar or a Hawklett.

grantsrc Sun Oct 14, 2007 05:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyezen
Blaine Gabbert is neither a Jaguar or a Hawklett.

It's amazing that one guy is the reason the game is televised as opposed to a great matchup with the winner the potential state champ.