The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Oct 15, 2007, 07:16am
Official Forum Member

NCAA Rules Question

I saw this play at a game Saturday and I was wondering if the R got it right. A's QB drops back to pass and is hit by B1. QB fumbles the ball. The QB goes for the loose ball and B2 tackles him so he can not get to the loose ball. R throws a flag and hits B2. B1 then recovers the fumble. R called holding on B2.
10 yards from the spot of the foul and gives the ball back to A. Is this correct?
Old Mon Oct 15, 2007, 07:44am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Lightbulb Canadian Ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbret
I saw this play at a game Saturday and I was wondering if the R got it right. A's QB drops back to pass and is hit by B1. QB fumbles the ball. The QB goes for the loose ball and B2 tackles him so he can not get to the loose ball. R throws a flag and hits B2. B1 then recovers the fumble. R called holding on B2.
10 yards from the spot of the foul and gives the ball back to A. Is this correct?
CANADIAN RULING:

Loose Ball Interference. Penalty is AFD at Point of Foul to non-offending team. Result: A 1D/10 @ PF.
Old Mon Oct 15, 2007, 08:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbret
The foul part is correct. The enforcement is not. Run ended behind the NZ so enforcement should have been from previous spot. What game was it?