The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Oct 08, 2007, 04:29pm
Official Forum Member

HS Message Boards and Refs

Since we are all on a message board I thought I would share another one that has a post on it right now concerning officials. The site is fnfshow.com. Once you are there go to the "smackboard" and then on to the football board. This site is quite popular in my area and I know most of the people on there. About once a year in each sport, some smart alek posts about the officials. After reading this most recent one and taking the test online this year for the first time, I want to give all of the fans the opportunity to take the test. Because they have to sign up to take this test online, that is not possible. Does anybody out there have a copy of the test, and I don't care how old, with the answers? I want to post it on the site I mentioned and see how "joe fan" does.
Old Mon Oct 08, 2007, 09:25pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Huh?

PS: Get rid of the red. Nobody else uses it.
Old Mon Oct 08, 2007, 10:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
Huh?

PS: Get rid of the red. Nobody else uses it.
He wants to know if anyone has a copy of an NFHS/NCAA test so he can have an average joe take the test to show how much they don't know about football rules.
Old Tue Oct 09, 2007, 06:38am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to grantsrc
point them to the quizzes at referee.com

I many of the part II tests w/ answers but the NFHS probably doesn't want those floating around. Sorry.
Old Tue Oct 09, 2007, 07:23am
Official Forum Member

NFHS TRUE OR FALSE EXAM

A = offensive team. B = defensive team K = kicking team. R = Receiving team.

1. The batting of a pass, kick or fumble in flight is not considered a new force for judging whether a touchback or safety results.

2. Following a change of possession, if an inadvertent whistle is sounded, the down must be replayed.

3. A defensive player is considered on the line of scrimmage when he is within 2 yards of the line of scrimmage at the snap.

4. When a live ball in possession of A1 breaks the plane of B's goal line, the ball becomes dead.

5. Tape wrapped around the hand to protect an injury need not be approved by the umpire.

6. If B1 clips A1 and B2 piles on after A2 is tackled, it is a multiple foul.

7. Force is not a factor when a backward pass or fumble is declared dead in the end zone of the opponent of the player who passed or fumbled, with no player is possession.

8. If a dead-ball foul occurs after time has expired for a period, the penalty is not enforced unless it is an unsportsmanlike foul.

9. It is a field goal even though part of the ball passes through the line of the upright extended.

10. It is a touchback when a grounded three-point field-goal attempt breaks the plane of R's goal line unless R chooses spot of first touching by K.

11. If one coach goes to the huddle for 30 seconds, another coach may then confer for the time remaining as long as only one coach is in the huddle at any given time.

12. If B1 tackles eligible A1 in or behind the neutral zone while the forward pass is in flight, it is pass interference by B1.

13. Any player of A numbered 1-49 or 80-99 who is an interior lineman at the snap is not an eligible pass receiver.

14. Defensive pass interference and roughing the passer are the only fouls by Team B that award an automatic first down.

15. The head coach may come onto the field and request the nearest official to grant a time-out.

16. The momentum exception applies to both offensive and defensive players.

17. If during the last timed down of a period A1 commits pass interference, the period is not extended whether the penalty is accepted or declined.

18. The penalty for an illegal forward pass is 15 yards and loss of down.

19. A back may not wear a jersey with a number 50 through 79.

20. If there is no change of team possession, a foul other that unsportsmanlike on each team during a down results in a double foul.

21. If K's first touching of a scrimmage kick beyond the neutral zone causes an official to blow his whistle inadvertently, it is R's ball at the spot of the first touching.

22. A receiver who has given a valid or invalid fair catch signal and does not catch the kick may not block an opponent during the down.

23. If A1 accidentally goes out of bounds and returns during the down, it is illegal participation; and a foul during the down and the 'all-but-one' enforcement principle is used.

24. If stopped, the clock will start with the ready-for-play signal for other than a free kick when the action which caused the down to end did not also cause the clock to be stopped.

25. The ball becomes dead if place-kick holder K1 fumbles the snap and he recovers with his knees off the ground and he then touches his knee(s) to the ground while in possession of the ball.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Tue Oct 09, 2007, 07:25am
Official Forum Member

There's 25 for you. That's probably enough. I posted it on a fan site. 63 people took it with an average score of 58.5. There were high 3 scores of 80, 84, and 84. The low was 36.

BTW, I agree. Please lose the red.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith

Last edited by BktBallRef; Tue Oct 09, 2007 at 07:28am.
Old Tue Oct 09, 2007, 09:45am
Official Forum Member

Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. Sorry about the red. It is kind of a "trademark" for me on the other sites I post on. For this site, I will remain black and white. (no pun intended)
Old Fri Oct 12, 2007, 12:16pm
Ref Ump Welsch

Illegal Pun Penalty=15 one-armed push-ups
Old Fri Oct 12, 2007, 01:30pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref Ump Welsch
Illegal Pun Penalty=15 one-armed push-ups
I can do those, but not with an arm.