The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Aug 14, 2007, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

NCAA Fake Punt and BBW

Discussion last night over this and just wanted to see if we are missing something. Team A lines up in Scrimmage Kick Formation and for whatever reason, the kick doesn't occur BUT the upback blocks a defender below the waist. The rule in Question (9-1-2-e-4) says "during a down in which there IS a FK or SK from SK Formation..."

I say there must be a kick while someone else disagreed (and I think their view is held by many). From the wording, there has to be a kick, but is there another relevant rule missing here?
Old Tue Aug 14, 2007, 11:37am
Official Forum Member

No kick, no foul for BBW here. If someone is so fast on the trigger that they drop yellow before it is clear there is no kick, then it just has to be picked up and waved off. Since this would be a foul behind the NZ anyway, the spot of the foul is not that important so why rush the flag. Hold on to it and if there is a kick , go ahead and toss it.
Old Tue Aug 14, 2007, 01:16pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Lightbulb Canadian Ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie
Discussion last night over this and just wanted to see if we are missing something. Team A lines up in Scrimmage Kick Formation and for whatever reason, the kick doesn't occur BUT the upback blocks a defender below the waist. The rule in Question (9-1-2-e-4) says "during a down in which there IS a FK or SK from SK Formation..."

I say there must be a kick while someone else disagreed (and I think their view is held by many). From the wording, there has to be a kick, but is there another relevant rule missing here?
CANADIAN RULING:

BBW is allowed only in the CLPA by a guy in the CLPA at the snap. It's likely that this upback was not in the CLPA at the snap nor was the block in the CLPA. Flag it.