The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Football (https://forum.officiating.com/football/)
-   -   Pro Bowl - Story Behind Walt Coleman (https://forum.officiating.com/football/31735-pro-bowl-story-behind-walt-coleman.html)

Mr. BenchPress Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:32pm

Pro Bowl - Story Behind Walt Coleman

Does anyone know the back story about how Walt Coleman appeared at the Pro Bowl. Larry Nemmers was the R (his third Pro Bowl - impressive) and I assume Coleman was the alternate. But late in the game, Coleman was on the field as the LJ I believe. It was unusual to see two white caps on the field. Did someone have a flight to catch?

Also, does anyone have any thoughts as to who among the 17 referees may have officiated his last NFL game this year?

grantsrc Sun Feb 11, 2007 04:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. BenchPress
Does anyone know the back story about how Walt Coleman appeared at the Pro Bowl. Larry Nemmers was the R (his third Pro Bowl - impressive) and I assume Coleman was the alternate. But late in the game, Coleman was on the field as the LJ I believe. It was unusual to see two white caps on the field. Did someone have a flight to catch?

Also, does anyone have any thoughts as to who among the 17 referees may have officiated his last NFL game this year?

The long pass play to Chad Johnson, the BJ got beat to the GL so I wonder if he got hurt or tweaked something. Colemen then slid into the BJ position from what I could see. It was odd having two white hats on the field, especially one under the uprights.

I will ask someone that was out there and post what I find out.

mattmets Sun Feb 11, 2007 06:52pm

Quote:

Austin or Winter.

JugglingReferee Sun Feb 11, 2007 08:11pm

Not Winter.

Ref inSoCA Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:01pm

Quote:

Does anyone know the back story about how Walt Coleman appeared at the Pro Bowl. Larry Nemmers was the R (his third Pro Bowl - impressive)...

Why is it impressive to be the 12th rated R in the NFL 3 times?

Mr. BenchPress Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:13pm

Larry Nemmers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ref inSoCA
Why is it impressive to be the 12th rated R in the NFL 3 times?

I was being sarcastic - of course...nobody in recent memory has officiated as many Pro Bowls as Nemmers and I am not sure it is really that much of an honor.

Rich Mon Feb 12, 2007 09:25am

Quote:

I was being sarcastic - of course...nobody in recent memory has officiated as many Pro Bowls as Nemmers and I am not sure it is really that much of an honor.

Somehow, Hochuli was "rated" lower than that this season, which just tells me the whole rating system is a joke.

Nemmers is good enough to stay in the league as a WH this long, which says something.

mattmets Mon Feb 12, 2007 09:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Fronheiser
Somehow, Hochuli was "rated" lower than that this season, which just tells me the whole rating system is a joke.

Nemmers is good enough to stay in the league as a WH this long, which says something.

I read somewhere (I believe on this board) that Ed was an alternate for a DS game, and was offered the A job for the Super Bowl but declined because he wants to game next year in Phoenix, his home. Don't remember which thread it was in, probably the one where the SB crew was announced.

grantsrc Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattmets
I read somewhere (I believe on this board) that Ed was an alternate for a DS game, and was offered the A job for the Super Bowl but declined because he wants to game next year in Phoenix, his home. Don't remember which thread it was in, probably the one where the SB crew was announced.

That is not accurate.

mattmets Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantsrc
That is not accurate.

Don't shoot the messenger.

NickelDeuce Mon Feb 12, 2007 03:25pm

The BJ got sick and spent the 2nd half in the bathroom so Walt Coleman filled in for him.

Rich Mon Feb 12, 2007 05:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickelDeuce
The BJ got sick and spent the 2nd half in the bathroom so Walt Coleman filled in for him.

Bad poi. Really bad poi.

Forksref Mon Feb 12, 2007 06:59pm

Bad poi, bad poi, whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

Warrenkicker Tue Feb 13, 2007 08:45am

WHAT????? :eek: :o :( :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

NickelDeuce Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:32am

FUNNY!!

You know Warren. The theme music from "COPS"