The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Nov 10, 2001, 05:33pm
Official Forum Member

Well I have decided to add football to my list of sports. I played through high school but the thought of having to memorize all of the penalty enforcements scares the heck out of me. Along with advice, I am looking for a website that might have the NF rules or something to help me prepare for next year. Also, I normally get all of my equipment from Honigs since they are 10 minutes away. Unless someone can suggest someplace that has the same quality and cheaper, I will assume they are the best place to buy my uniform.
Old Sat Nov 10, 2001, 11:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ballsandstrikes
Well I have decided to add football to my list of sports. I played through high school but the thought of having to memorize all of the penalty enforcements scares the heck out of me. Along with advice, I am looking for a website that might have the NF rules or something to help me prepare for next year. Also, I normally get all of my equipment from Honigs since they are 10 minutes away. Unless someone can suggest someplace that has the same quality and cheaper, I will assume they are the best place to buy my uniform.
No, but I can help you. Drop me an email.

Yes, Honigs is the best, IMHO.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Sun Nov 11, 2001, 03:19am
Official Forum Member

Don't worry too much about enforcing penalties. That's thr referee's job. And you probably won't wear the white hat for about 5 years. Here's the FED site. It doesn't have all the rules, but you can get an idea. Write to them and buy the rule book, case book and "comic book" and study them now. It would also be a good idea to join the National Federation Officials Association (NFOA). $1,000,000 liability insurance is included with all the other amenities. It's only $12.00/year.

http://www.nfhs.org/rules.htm

Bob