The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 30, 2007, 12:16pm
Official Forum Member

Dumb media questions....

It's "media day" in Miami. I wonder what stupid questions will be asked this year. Here's the 20 dumbest....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...1.html?cnn=yes
Old Tue Jan 30, 2007, 02:53pm

Thank goodness the officials don't have to be subjected to all that.

This is kind of off topic but during the first war in Iraq the commentator George Will was talking about the press' coverage of the war. If anyone remembers, General Schwarzkopf would hold a press conference every day and they were always shown on TV back here in the United States. Everyday the General would open by saying something like...... Ok guys we aren't going to answer any questions concerning troop numbers, troop movements or battle plan strategies or anything else that might put the troops in more danger..... Of course the first question out of the box would invariably be....General. how many troops do you have stationed on the southern border of Iraq? And it would be followed by several more idiotic questions just like it. Of course there would be no answers given. And every press conference was just like that.

George Will said that the American people were just dumbfounded and surprised by watching these press conferences every day because they couldn't believe that the press could be that stupid. Will then said that....What the American people don't understand is that this is the way the media has ALWAYS been in these situations. It's just that they are seeing it for the first time. Pretty funny I thought.

Last edited by sj; Tue Jan 30, 2007 at 02:58pm.
Old Tue Jan 30, 2007, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

Every time Lovie Smith or Tony Dungy gets in front of the press you wonder how long before some sportswriter asks, "How does it feel to be the first Black coach in the Super Bowl?"
Old Tue Jan 30, 2007, 07:20pm
Official Forum Member

My all-time favorite is the time a reporter asked Tom Lasorda how he felt after Dave kingman had hit three home runs against the Dodgers. I doubt if Lasorda said three words in a row, without profanity.

bob
Old Tue Jan 30, 2007, 08:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hickland
Every time Lovie Smith or Tony Dungy gets in front of the press you wonder how long before some sportswriter asks, "How does it feel to be the first Black coach in the Super Bowl?"
I wish they had identified the questioners.

This is the first "Soul Bowl." (This was told to me by a Black friend of mine.)
Old Thu Feb 01, 2007, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

It would be halarious if the other reporters would boo them if a stupid question was asked!
Old Thu Feb 01, 2007, 03:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJT
It would be halarious if the other reporters would boo them if a stupid question was asked!
REPLY: That would require the giant leap of faith that the other reporters would know that it's a stupid question.
Old Thu Feb 01, 2007, 06:07pm
Official Forum Member

Rex Grossman has called the media "ignorant". Better have a great game Rex!

I loved Prince's press conference today. He said it was not going to be what everybody had heard, he asked for questions, and before anyone had a chance he started playing. Way to go Prince!
Old Fri Feb 02, 2007, 10:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hickland
Rex Grossman has called the media "ignorant". Better have a great game Rex!

I loved Prince's press conference today. He said it was not going to be what everybody had heard, he asked for questions, and before anyone had a chance he started playing. Way to go Prince!
Rex DID NOT call the media ignorant. He said they were ignorant of what plays, formations, etc., were called. You took the comment out-of-text, just as most in the media did.

bob
Old Fri Feb 02, 2007, 10:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezebra
Rex DID NOT call the media ignorant. He said they were ignorant of what plays, formations, etc., were called. You took the comment out-of-text, just as most in the media did.

bob
You are right. I went to the Sun Times site and read the entire story, plus, a great background story on Rex. Much like Peyton there is a rich football heritage.

Would be great to see both sides of the story reported.