The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 13, 2007, 08:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Ref
In the WISH list catagory: Colts beat Ravens, New England beats San Diego. Divisional playoff game in Indianapolis. Wooo-Hooo. Anyone got tickets?
I like the Colts chances about the same on the road against SD or home against NE (both will be tough). I talked to a season ticket holder who hopes they play at SD. He had to buy his tickets for the game next week already and if they play on the road the price of the ticket applies to next year's season tickets. They double the price of the tickets for the 2nd playoff game so it's worth two games of tickets next year!! I'm sure he'll stlll go happily if they are at home but it's interesting logic.

GO COLTS!! What a great win! And a great effort by the Ravens today. That defense is awesome and Ed Reed is a STUD!!
Old Sat Jan 13, 2007, 11:48pm
Official Forum Member

So far one road and one home win. Bet on the two home teams holding tomorrow, though NE/SD should be a great game.
Old Mon Jan 15, 2007, 01:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJT
Grossman will be the death of the Bears!
Would you like some ketchup to put on that crow you have to eat. Grossman killed the Seahawks, not the Bears.

Bob
Old Mon Jan 15, 2007, 05:23am
Official Forum Member

WOW!!!!!!!

What a weekend of NFL football.

New England over San Diego by 3 pts.
New Orleans over Philly by 3 pts.
Chicago over Seattle by 3 pts.
Indy over Ravens by 9 pts.

It don't get much better than that. Every game, except Colts/Ravens, was won by only 3 pts. And it was closer than the score indicated in that game. It wasn't decided until late in the fourth quarter. Indy was only leading by 6 pts when the Ravens had the ball. One touchdown by Baltimore and they win.

So, only four teams left. Two more games next weekend. Both look to be good ones. New Orleans vs Chicago and Indianapolis vs. New England.

Anything could happen. I love the playoffs.
Old Mon Jan 15, 2007, 09:20am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL

Well the Chargers wont' be "Soupie" this year, and neither will be "Soupie".

What the hell happened to the Chargers? The same thing that happened to the hapless Padres?

THE CITY OF LOSERS BY THE BAY.
Think you could constrain your stupid bickering to the baseball board and not pollute this forum too?
Old Mon Jan 15, 2007, 01:43pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltjp
Think you could constrain your stupid bickering to the baseball board and not pollute this forum too?
It's okay, Walt. The big jerk is right. The Chargers beat themselves. The only team that could beat the Chargers is the Chargers. The Patriots had little to do with it. The penalty to Florence for the moronic Unnecessary Roughness, the double-muffed punt by Parker, and McCree's idiocy for intercepting the pass instead of knocking it down on 4th down are what killed the Chargers. They had many opportunities to slam the door on New England, and failed to do so. They got what they deserved.

It is petty, mean, and childish of PWL to throw all this up in the faces of disheartened Chargers fans. I know he only means for it to upset me, however, and SOMEONE with some nads should run him off this board forever. He is nothing but a spoiled child masquerading as an adult.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Mon Jan 15, 2007, 01:55pm
Do not give a damn!!

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
It's okay, Walt. The big jerk is right. The Chargers beat themselves. The only team that could beat the Chargers is the Chargers. The Patriots had little to do with it. The penalty to Florence for the moronic Unnecessary Roughness, the double-muffed punt by Parker, and McCree's idiocy for intercepting the pass instead of knocking it down on 4th down are what killed the Chargers. They had many opportunities to slam the door on New England, and failed to do so. They got what they deserved.
To say the Patriots who have won several Super Bowls had nothing to do with it is rather silly if you ask me. They got beat by a team and a coach that had been there before. LT hardly got the ball at then end of the game and the Patriots had to go the length of the field to kick the game winning FG. Give the Patriots a little credit. They have made the AFC game 4 out of the last 6 times. You do not do that by teams giving you victories.

Quote:
It is petty, mean, and childish of PWL to throw all this up in the faces of disheartened Chargers fans. I know he only means for it to upset me, however, and SOMEONE with some nads should run him off this board forever. He is nothing but a spoiled child masquerading as an adult.
Lighten up man. This is after all sports. This is what people do when a team loses. If that upsets you that much, what do you do when you are on the field and people say a lot worse. You did not lose the game, your team did. If the San Diego fans are that upset by what someone says here, you need to go to some other fan sites because I am sure a lot worse is being said.

Peace
Old Mon Jan 15, 2007, 01:59pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
It's okay, Walt. The big jerk is right.

Think you could constrain your stupid bickering to the baseball board and not pollute this forum too!

pot-kettle-black....
Old Mon Jan 15, 2007, 02:21pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
To say the Patriots who have won several Super Bowls had nothing to do with it is rather silly if you ask me. They got beat by a team and a coach that had been there before. LT hardly got the ball at then end of the game and the Patriots had to go the length of the field to kick the game winning FG. Give the Patriots a little credit. They have made the AFC game 4 out of the last 6 times. You do not do that by teams giving you victories.

Lighten up man. This is after all sports. This is what people do when a team loses. If that upsets you that much, what do you do when you are on the field and people say a lot worse. You did not lose the game, your team did. If the San Diego fans are that upset by what someone says here, you need to go to some other fan sites because I am sure a lot worse is being said.

Peace
I think you miss the point Rut. He directed it at me. This isn't a fan site, it's an official board. I don't expect to be personally ridiculed by a fellow official. What people say while I'm umpiring goes with the territory, this does not.

LaDainian Tomlinson had 123 yards, on 23 carries. He pounded the ball all day long. The Patriots didn't contain him at all. Where do you get that he hardly got the ball? What game were you watching, anyway? The Chargers gave the game away. Every sportscaster, analyst, pundit, and writer is saying the same thing. The Chargers gave the Patriots too many chances to get back in the game. The mistakes I pointed out are exactly the plays that cost them the game. Brady would not have had the opportunity to come back without these stupid mistakes. Oh yeah, Quentin Jammer forgot to cover Caldwell on the deep route. Mistake # 4.

Hey Jurrasic, your next post that contains anything interesting or useful, will be your first.
Old Mon Jan 15, 2007, 02:48pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
I think you miss the point Rut. He directed it at me. This isn't a fan site, it's an official board. I don't expect to be personally ridiculed by a fellow official. What people say while I'm umpiring goes with the territory, this does not.
Of course he went after you, duuuuaaaaaahhhhh!!! You have "SAN DIEGO" in your name for God's sake. If you do not like to be taunted like this, change your name on this site and come back as someone else. I purposely showed in my signature my love for Michigan and I was taunted by Ohio State fans when Michigan lost to OSU in November and I got over it. There were even people that did not answer the topic at hand and went after my affiliation.

Quote:
LaDainian Tomlinson had 123 yards, on 23 carries. He pounded the ball all day long. The Patriots didn't contain him at all. Where do you get that he hardly got the ball? What game were you watching, anyway? The Chargers gave the game away. Every sportscaster, analyst, pundit, and writer is saying the same thing. The Chargers gave the Patriots too many chances to get back in the game. The mistakes I pointed out are exactly the plays that cost them the game. Brady would not have had the opportunity to come back without these stupid mistakes. Oh yeah, Quentin Jammer forgot to cover Caldwell on the deep route. Mistake # 4.
First of all the Patriots could have been blown out easily, but Brady (Michigan guy BTW ) made the game close right before halftime and made other plays to keep a team close. If a lesser team was in the Patriots situation, they would have lost the game. But the Patriots kept hanging around and not only scored a TD, but when for a big two point conversation late in the game to force SD to have to beat them with a lesser QB. I agree that SD made some bad mistakes and that happens in any game a team loses. But give the Patriots a little credit to hang in their and win the game at the end. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, but didn't. Maybe Marty just cannot get things together to win the big game.

Peace
Old Mon Jan 15, 2007, 04:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Maybe Marty just cannot get things together to win the big game.

Seldom have truer words ever been spoken. Going for 4th & 11 instead of a 44 yrd field goal? Going with a prevent defense at the end of the half (prevent defense called that because it prevents you from winning, all credits to Buddy Ryan) instead of sticking with what has stopped 'em all half long? Forgetting you have the best running back in football there at the end? Wasting a time out, one that sure coulda come in handy there at the end, on a challenge that had zero chance of succeeding? There must be something about January that just makes Marty turn into Homer. Too many Duffs for New Year's or what Marty?
Old Mon Jan 15, 2007, 11:08pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
Gee, you would have thought I did the "Lights Out" dance on the Charger's logo. Better luck next year...........
LOL!!!!

I am sorry but you have to admit that was funny.

Peace
Old Tue Jan 16, 2007, 03:56am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Hey Jurrasic, your next post that contains anything interesting or useful, will be your first.
That so isn't true, and you know it.

JR's pinky finger has contributed more than you have.
Old Tue Jan 16, 2007, 10:35pm
Official Forum Member

My picks

I like NE over SD in a squeaker - late. SD has been known to fumble after making interceptions, so that may play into the outcome. We'll see.

I see NO falling behind Philly, but making a comeback and winning. I think McAllister will have a big day.

Chicago / Seattle should be close, maybe OT. I think the Bears will pull it out. Grossman should do OK, especially late.

This may sound odd, but I like Indy over Baltimore, but I see them just kicking FG's - no TDs. I see Baltimore's offense just going belly up. Too bad for Baltimore - that defense is such a self-effacing, classy group. You can never get them to talk about how good they are.
Old Tue Jan 16, 2007, 11:07pm
Official Forum Member

The truly burning question seems to be: Why are baseball umpires so childish?

Both here and McGriff's (RIP), all boards seem to be quite sedate and respectful except the baseball board.