The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 02, 2007, 12:56am
Get away from me, Steve.

Boise State

I'm not usually a fanboy, but wasn't that the best finish of a college football game ever? From the lateral on the tying TD to the 4th down OT TD to the 2 point conversion......Boise State deserved the win. What a great finish.
Old Tue Jan 02, 2007, 01:04am
Official Forum Member

It's scary to think of what else may have been in their playbook. Very well done. It's going to be next to impossible to top this game with any of the remaining bowl games.
Old Tue Jan 02, 2007, 01:21am
Official Forum Member

I have NEVER seen a better finish to ANY football game...UNREAL!!!!
Old Tue Jan 02, 2007, 01:33am
Official Forum Member

Number 8 squeaked by number 10.

I was more entertained by number 5 decisively defeating number 3.
Old Tue Jan 02, 2007, 01:40am
Official Forum Member

I'm a Sooner fan through and through, but I gotta give it up for Boise St. They did everything necessary to win this game. I'm heartbroken by the loss, but I think this game will go a long way towards helping the "small schools" get a chance at some big time games.....

NCAA Div I needs a playoff system.....Boise St deserves a shot at Ohio State, Florida, USC or anyone else who thinks they can stop them. No matter who it would be, don't ever underestimate them. They are an incredible team.

Now I'm going to go kill myself.
Old Tue Jan 02, 2007, 01:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbailey
I'm a Sooner fan through and through, but I gotta give it up for Boise St. They did everything necessary to win this game. I'm heartbroken by the loss, but I think this game will go a long way towards helping the "small schools" get a chance at some big time games.....

NCAA Div I needs a playoff system.....Boise St deserves a shot at Ohio State, Florida, USC or anyone else who thinks they can stop them. No matter who it would be, don't ever underestimate them. They are an incredible team.

Now I'm going to go kill myself.
A high point of the game was when the announcers at a BCS game advocated the elimination of BCS. What a hoot. Do you suppose they might hear about that?
Old Tue Jan 02, 2007, 01:57am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
A high point of the game was when the announcers at a BCS game advocated the elimination of BCS. What a hoot. Do you suppose they might hear about that?
Did you hear how Barry Alvarez quickly diverted the conversation back to the field? He wanted no parts of that "play-offs" conversation.
Old Tue Jan 02, 2007, 08:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Fronheiser
I'm not usually a fanboy, but wasn't that the best finish of a college football game ever? From the lateral on the tying TD to the 4th down OT TD to the 2 point conversion......Boise State deserved the win. What a great finish.
Both plays were a thing of beauty. That was a gutsy call on 4th and 18, a hook and ladder reverse essentially. On the try, #41 looked like a fan standing on the field, watching the game. Good times.

I still hate their blue football field.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Tue Jan 02, 2007, 09:14am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

I'm with saskbucks!

I wish I recorded that game. I want to see it again!

I was over at refstripes.com, and in the CHAT function. It's a flash program with live chat. Anyways, we had 20+ guys in there all 'watching the game together'. It made it that much more enjoyable seeing everyone type in "WOW!" etc.... during pretty much every play. It seemed that everyone was cheering for Boise State.

This is a bread and butter game that we all wish that we have the opportunity to officiate. The game was meticulously officiated. A huge high-five to the crew. I could only find these 4 names, all AFL officials.

Bill LeMonnier (R)
Rick Nelson
Brent Durbin
Dana McKenzie
Old Tue Jan 02, 2007, 09:42am
Official Forum Member

I stayed up an watched as well. What a fabulous finish. I thought two huge calls were the first two 2-point attempts by Oklahoma. The first play was a pass-interference call when OK missed the conversion. The live play looked questionable but the replay showed it was probably the right call. That's a pretty ballsey call at that point of the game. The next conversion was good but OK had an illegal shift. It was obvious but the announcers didn't mention it right away. The officials did get it though and another huge call at that point of the game.

What a great finish and a great job by the officiating crew!
Old Tue Jan 02, 2007, 10:35am
Official Forum Member

I am pretty sure this was a split Big Ten crew. Great job guys.
Old Tue Jan 02, 2007, 10:45am
Official Forum Member

Boise State's punt muff

I have a question on the play where the punt hit a Boise State player and OU recovered. I thought that the Boise State player was knocked backward by an OU player and then contacted the ball. The was no replay or review. Anyone else see this?
Old Tue Jan 02, 2007, 11:01am
Official Forum Member

It does appear that while engaged in blocking, the ball did touch him. I also questioned that play based on how I remember the written rule.
What I questioned was this, was the team-A player blocked into the ball or was he just plain engaged in a block when the ball hit him.
Old Tue Jan 02, 2007, 11:42am
Official Forum Member

During discussion in the chatroom I think we "experts" agreed the player had inititated the contact and was blocking, not be ing blocked, hence the touch counted.
Old Tue Jan 02, 2007, 12:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMike
During discussion in the chatroom I think we "experts" agreed the player had inititated the contact and was blocking, not be ing blocked, hence the touch counted.
It even appeared that there was some quick discussion by the officials after the play was dead. I assume they may have been discussing that as well.