The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Sep 20, 2006, 01:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTX
I think the whole fiasco could have been prevented if they would have just flagged the 2 players on the top of the screen for being offside.
I agree! Or worse yet is the ball not actually loose on the ground when they are blwoing the whislte or using teh stop clock signal? How about them worms?
Old Thu Sep 21, 2006, 08:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by parepat
Wow! Wait a cotton pickin minute. If the play to which you refer is the Miami OSU championship game of 2002 then I must object. The call which I believe you refer to went against Miami and therefore the threats were from Miami fans. OSU should not even have been mentioned in your post.

The reason I point that out is that our star running back from that team got sentenced to a 7.5 year stretch in the pokey and the reputation of THE Ohio State Univ. has enough problems to deal with without you piling on!
It wasn't my intention to pick on The Ohio State University...to be completely honest, I forgot who lost to OSU in that game (I knew it was one of the Florida schools, but not which one) and I was just too lazy to Google.

Although my wife (the Penn State alumn) really, really dislikes the school...I have no gripe against them at all...so my apologies for implying anything bad about OSU.
Old Fri Sep 22, 2006, 03:40pm
M.A.S.H.

The referee is scheduled to work this week (USC-Arizona)...and of course, the media is making a big deal out of it.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9678580
Old Fri Sep 22, 2006, 09:24pm
Official Forum Member

This poor guy is probably one of the least culpabe for what happened at Oregon yet he is going to be under a HUGE microscope this weekend. I wish him well.
Old Thu Sep 28, 2006, 02:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRef
You probably would have won the game by 20 points if your starting QB wasn't making $25 an hour and a job he wasn't showing up for! Was that also the PAC 10 officiating crews fault or the reply officials fault?
The starting QB was Paul Thompson not Bomar!!!
Rhett Bomar was kicked off the team 6 weeks before the game by Coach Stoops so your statement and question is totally stupid!!!
Old Thu Sep 28, 2006, 02:24pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklahomaBlue
The starting QB was Paul Thompson not Bomar!!!
Rhett Bomar was kicked off the team 6 weeks before the game by Coach Stoops so your statement and question is totally stupid!!!
Learn to comprehend what you read. I do not think he was saying Bomar was at the game. He was saying that you lost Bomar because he was violating NCAA rules.

Peace
Old Thu Sep 28, 2006, 04:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Learn to comprehend what you read. I do not think he was saying Bomar was at the game. He was saying that you lost Bomar because he was violating NCAA rules.

Peace

His comment was to say the least Vague... And I don't need you to tell me that I need to learn to comprehend what I read... You don't know what he meant... Try not to be discourteous. It doesn't become you...
Old Thu Sep 28, 2006, 11:27pm
Official Forum Member

Sorry, blue, but your response indicated you didn't get it. He was saying that if Bomar hadn't screwed up, not been suspended, and actually played, OU would have won by 20 or whatever. That's an arguable point, of course, but I think he knew who played QB for OU at Oregon.
Old Fri Sep 29, 2006, 12:58am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
His comment was to say the least Vague... And I don't need you to tell me that I need to learn to comprehend what I read... You don't know what he meant... Try not to be discourteous. It doesn't become you...
I think I do know what he meant. As Texas Aggie pointed out, you missed the point (now this is my opinion).

Peace
Old Fri Sep 29, 2006, 07:43am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
I have not to do with football officiating, but how can someone (you) who told someone (RonRef) "your statement and question is totally stupid!!!" then turn around and complain about someone else (JRutledge) be discourteous?

Totally defies logic.
Old Fri Sep 29, 2006, 12:17pm
Official Forum Member

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/h...ves/106954.asp