The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Aug 28, 2006, 10:13pm
Official Forum Member

Saw the actual NFL Unis tonight

Honigs had a set on display at our chapter meeting tonight. I still think what they are doing here is stupid, but I'll give a report for those interested.

First, it appears they will be wearing the white knicker with a thick black stripe down the side when the regular season hits. At least, those revised knickers were on display. They appear to be the Honigs knickers (premium, I think), but instead of snaps to button they have a slacks type clip.

Second, the material on the shirts -- short sleeved only, as that's all they had -- isn't anything revolutionary for those of us who have bought performance fabrics for a while. Its a Reebok shirt that appears to be the same or similar material to what they'd make for their tennis or soccer line. Probably just a little heavier than what they'd sell as running or workout shirts, but still similar to what you'd see at Sports Authority for microfiber soccer or tennis shirts. The feel alone reminds me an awful lot of the way an Adidas soccer shirt that I've seen before felt. The one weird thing about the shirt is that the zipper puller (for lack of a better term) is of a plastic type material and doesn't have a hole for a smitty lanyard.

Third, the hats are a Reebok labeled pro-mesh fitted style with the NFL logo in front and nothing on back. At least, that's what was there tonight.

Finally, the worst for last: in the "they have got to be joking" category, the cold weather pants are full length, belted slacks in black with a thick white stripe down the side. The legs are open like basketball slacks, and they have the same clip instead of snaps above the zipper. The material seems to be exactly like the knickers, so I can't imagine why they are going to these things.
Old Tue Aug 29, 2006, 01:00am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie
Honigs had a set on display at our chapter meeting tonight. I still think what they are doing here is stupid, but I'll give a report for those interested.

First, it appears they will be wearing the white knicker with a thick black stripe down the side when the regular season hits. At least, those revised knickers were on display. They appear to be the Honigs knickers (premium, I think), but instead of snaps to button they have a slacks type clip.
From what I understand and what an NFL official told a group of people at a football camp in mid August, was they got rid of the pants with the stripe. So what you see now will be what they wear for most of the season until a cold weather game (which is another issue all together).

Peace
Old Tue Aug 29, 2006, 02:29am
Official Forum Member

I wonder what the threshold is for cold weather games. 32 and below?
Old Mon Sep 04, 2006, 08:17pm
Official Forum Member

One thing I forgot to mention was the Honigs guy said that they will have a new HS/College shirt next year with ismilar material to the NFL shirt this year. I bought a few of the Officials' Choice football shirts and I like them. The color of that shirt has similar material to the NFL shirt I saw.